Alternative engine for your SLC

Attachments

• 16502480300_cdd83bd86f_z.jpg
    16502480300_cdd83bd86f_z.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 371

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Crazy Swedes! At least they maintained a sense of humor trying to stuff 2 turbo's onto that V12 in an engine bay that is already challenged to handle a straight six. Seven years later and it's apparently still not running - sounds like my project :)

The lure of these beemer V12's is how cheap they are, but once they start coming apart you discover how difficult it is to make power with them. The inlet & exhaust tracts in the heads are diabolical, so turbo's and superchargers are the only way to make "cheap" power with them.

John not sure if I showed you this link before its a site full of info including head cutaways etc of an m70 if you also go back to the parent directory there is heap of info also Index of /Whitepapers/V-12 head
I always thought they weighed at least 2 ton but this doc I have here
Google Translate post it says 240kg does that sound about right, because that's only 40 more than a dressed 1uz , and while digging through my machine i also found some cutaways of a 1uz head not pretty

At least this guy got his twin turbo going
My recent BMW V12 engine transplant... [Cobra replica with V12 twin-turbo] - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
That's Ed "MWrench's" site, but I don't recall seeing those cutaway pics before, thanks!

The link to the twinturbo M70 in the Cobra is another Houston guy. We corresponded a fair bit during his build as he was interested in a Dailey dry sump setup like mine.

Hi Guys
I cut a head from a stuffed 1UZFE in half to have a look.
Saw the thread a thought I should chime in..

Cheers Craig Young

Attachments

• DSCF1704c.jpg
    DSCF1704c.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 237
Back