Throttle position Sensor close to header

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
<FONT color=black><FONT size=3>Hello guys,

I'm having trouble with my injection system, while hunting down potential issues I saw on my laptop that the voltage of my throttle position sensor is changing with temperature of the engine. Yes, afterwards it does not make sense to have electrical components or fuel line that close to the exhaust system…..

These changes come into my mind to fix the issue:
· <SPAN lang=EN-US style='FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana","sans-serif"; COLOR: black; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language: DE; mso-ansi-language: EN-US'>Changing the setup (TPS to the front) <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P> <P class=MsoNormal style=
· Adding a turkey pan / heat shield
· H
eat insulation of TPS and fuel line

What is your opinion/experience? Do you have some examples for heat insulation to make a quick fix??

I would be thankful when you share some Information/pictures.

I found one other thread where the topic was discussed but Keith did not follow up on changes he might have done. <o:p></o:p>
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/34367-keith-bakers-southern-gt-build-10.html<o:p></o:p>
I contacted Keith but did not get an answer so far.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks in advance for helping me out.

<o:p></o:p>
Cheers
Markus<o:p></o:p>
</P>

Attachments

• TPS vs header.jpg
    TPS vs header.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 301

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
My assumption is that the cable has a slight dead-band (slack) in it that allows mounting components, engine, etc to expand with heat without actually tightening the cable and thus changing the TPS position.

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
change you move the TB / TPS from the 7/8 position to the 1/2?

Dwight

Consider flipping the throttle bodies so that the sensor is in the front on the right hand side. that is how mine is set up. Then there are no worries.

Bill

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Quick and dirty solution

First thanks for your idea's - flipping the throttle body is a bigger (winter)project.

To have a quick fix I made heat shield out of Koolmat (KoolMat Hi-Tech Heat Insulation).

Will see if this changes something....

Attachments

• Material.jpg
    Material.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Heat barrier outside.JPG
    Heat barrier outside.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Koolmat inside.JPG
    Koolmat inside.JPG
    319.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Step 1.jpg
    Step 1.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Step 2.jpg
    Step 2.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 269
  • Step 3.jpg
    Step 3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 239
  • Step 4.jpg
    Step 4.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 260

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Short Feedback.

The heat insulation obviously helped.

After driving today the TPS voltage stayed exactly the same (low setpoint).

Markus

Back