EightStack EFI poll

In my eightstack style fuel injection system, it is set to run in what fuel mode:

• Total voters

PaulProe

Supporter
Those of you running an eightstack style system, (Borla, Inglese, Rousch, WhomEver) who is running their system in sequential, semi-sequential, random sequential, or Batch/Bank type fuel mode?

Not all ECU's do the random or semi, those may be certain brand specific. All will do batch/bank and with the right inputs, some brands will do full sequential injection.

Curious which is preferred and who is running what

Paul

Mine runs bank or batch fire just fine. Have a look in my build thread (RF12) for videos of my car idling and free reving.

I run mine exclusively sequential. I have the TWM, now Borla. All systems(timing, fuel maping etc.) are controlled with a FAST XFI computer. Spark by MSD 6A box, through an MSD coil and distributor with timing and advance locked out. Only change I would/will make is to go to the MSD 6AL or 6AL 2 for the rev limiter(s)

Bill

the Brabham runs full sequential with an Autronic SM4 ecu, the next car will also be sequential with a Haltech ECU.

cheers John

I have a Motec and plan to run sequential (when I get this thing on the road....). What effect does batch fire have on fuel consumption and emissions?
Cheers, Gus.

I have a Motec and plan to run sequential (when I get this thing on the road....). What effect does batch fire have on fuel consumption and emissions?
Cheers, Gus.

From what the dyno guys told me there is no difference in power or emissions over 2000rpm but the sequential is better below that, by how much or quantifying the gain of sequential is beyond me because no one has published back to back dyno comparisons . As the revs increase the benefits of sequential definitely diminish. I suppose after a certain rev or fuel requirement the pulse is so long injector timing is out of sequence anyway.

Bob

Back