pushrods for Ford 302 - 6.100 long 5/16" ball/ball

Hi, haven't dropped in for a while.

Hoping for some inspiration and help if poss?

I am in the UK and desperately need a set of 16 pushrods for my modified rollercam Ford 302.

The rods must be - 6.100" long 5/16" and ball at both ends. Hardened for use with guide plates.

The motor should have been finished by now as there are shows to go to in Europe in 2 weeks.

I lost a months build time as parts were stolen at Fedex in New Jersey!!

Anyone suggest a source for the 6.100" pushrods? JEGS, Summit and the usuals have a 2 week re-stock - so not looking good there.

many thanks Chris in the UK

Either of these will ship with a day.
We use Mantons:

Pushrod Tips « Manton Pushrods

Smith Bros. Push Rods Bend Oregon

Good Luck,
Steve

Steve thanks. Some US suppliers don't ship direct to UK.

If Smiths and/or Manton had a problem shipping direct - does anyone on the forum live near:-

Manton -601 Crane St., Bldg C
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530

If I get stuck perhaps a kind soul can act as intermediary and ship for me?

cheers Chris

ps I've emailed Manton and Smith Bros

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The last set I got came from Comp Cams directly - you. May want to contact them in the morning and see if they can supply/ship to you directly.

The last set I got came from Comp Cams directly - you. May want to contact them in the morning and see if they can supply/ship to you directly.

Randy - I'll try. Trouble is what I've found is that Exporting to the UK is either via a dealership or authorised supplier, or else they won't send it.

I'll call them. I've also found that a lot of this stuff is made to order as they don't keep a lot of the shelf. Summit and JEGS and others state a 2 week wait, showing they only place an order when a customer wants it.

cheers Chris

Lots of offers of help coming in. Will make some calls in the morning and update everyone. Such a pain that to get pushrods that are 0.150" shorter I have to virtually approach the United Nations!!

Anyway, as usual people of this forum are very helpful.

thanks Chris

I have phoned through orders before now at 3pm our time and had the goods at the gate 8am the following morning. That was with UPS and their expedited service.

Bob

I have phoned through orders before now at 3pm our time and had the goods at the gate 8am the following morning. That was with UPS and their expedited service.

Bob

Bob, that was quick. Did you mean delivery to UK that quick? surely not. anything less than 3 days would do me. I'm calling Comp and Smith Bros today. thanks Chris

Yes it shocked me as well, I needed some head bolts from my supplier in Michigan, as I said it was 3pm our time and early morning there. The gear was at my door the following morning. I cant get stuff in the UK that quickly.

Edit, it leaves them a whole working day for UPS to get it on a plane and into the UK, the same company UPS uk deliver straight out in the morning. Its all going on while we sleep :)

Bob

Brett,

This forum has known me as peranaman since 2005. My login says Welcome 'peranaman'. Plus I always sign my name Chris.

What happened?

cheers Chris

Nothing happened, as you note, you don't post here that often. We don't go through the user list and check, but as people post and they don't comply to the rules we ask them to. The clarified rules have been in place since 2009.

2. Use Your Real Name: If you have signed up with some sort of “handle” go to your User Control Panel (User CP link in the menu bar) and change your Public Name under “Edit Your Details” to your real name. GT40s.com does not support user handles, you need to use the name your mother gave you, not a nickname. We don't care how long you've been using your nickname. Only one registration per real person. We wish to know who we’re talking to and who is accountable for their posts on the forum. GT40s.com reserves the right to ban users at any time, for any reason.

Nothing happened, as you note, you don't post here that often. We don't go through the user list and check, but as people post and they don't comply to the rules we ask them to. The clarified rules have been in place since 2009.

2. Use Your Real Name: If you have signed up with some sort of “handle” go to your User Control Panel (User CP link in the menu bar) and change your Public Name under “Edit Your Details” to your real name. GT40s.com does not support user handles, you need to use the name your mother gave you, not a nickname. We don't care how long you've been using your nickname. Only one registration per real person. We wish to know who we’re talking to and who is accountable for their posts on the forum. GT40s.com reserves the right to ban users at any time, for any reason.

Brett OK understood.
However I notice a few things:-

1. Even though you are laying the law down regarding user 'proper names' you have not addressed me once by my proper name which I put on my posts. In fact the first time you addressed me you used the 'forbidden' handle 'peranaman'.

2. You appear not to use salutations to members or signatures with your own name, if names are so important??

3. I noted the moderators weapon of choice, i.e. 'banning a member for non compliance'.

4. no need to answer this one but - when you read my post and saw my dilemma, was your first reaction to help me source a set of pushrods or to quote the Forum rules? The answer to that will explain a lot.

I thank everyone who has stepped up to help since posting this - I am totally sorted now. So thanks to all. cheers Chris

ps I expect to be banned - but I have no concerns about that. 90% of employees leave their jobs due to the style of management they encounter. I suspect many forum members do the same regarding Moderators.

It's been real. Bye now.

Chris, no one ever said they would ban you, I just copied the rules and asked you to follow them by updating your display name. I think you will find that very few people get banned on this forum.

Moderators have a wonderful time of helping to keep the forum as straight as possible, free of charge because we have an affinity to the community that this forum provides. It at times does not sit well with people when we ask members to course correct or even follow the rules. Frequently we have not even prevent ourselves what we are really wanting to say to ensure that we try to have impartiality.

Apologies, if my full name to the side is not convenient for you and I don't apply my signature every time.

I hope you have enjoyed the real experience here as you put it and am glad you have sorted your dilema, as this forum has some extremely helpful individuals and have helped me much over the years; I unfortunately could not assist you this time. I look forward to your next post in 3.5 years time.

<<< If you look to the left my name is over there <<<<

and now below is my sig as you wanted to see it so much

Chris, no one ever said they would ban you, I just copied the rules and asked you to follow them by updating your display name. I think you will find that very few people get banned on this forum.

Moderators have a wonderful time of helping to keep the forum as straight as possible, free of charge because we have an affinity to the community that this forum provides. It at times does not sit well with people when we ask members to course correct or even follow the rules. Frequently we have not even prevent ourselves what we are really wanting to say to ensure that we try to have impartiality.

Apologies, if my full name to the side is not convenient for you and I don't apply my signature every time.

I hope you have enjoyed the real experience here as you put it and am glad you have sorted your dilema, as this forum has some extremely helpful individuals and have helped me much over the years; I unfortunately could not assist you this time. I look forward to your next post in 3.5 years time.

<<< If you look to the left my name is over there <<<<

and now below is my sig as you wanted to see it so much

:):):)

Bob

Bob,

UPS Expedited service. Hmmm.........

Read below. Email just sent to UPS.

"Hi, I booked UPS Expedited as it was shown as 3-4 days delivery in UK.

The sender in Florida booked the item and was given a delivery date of Thursday 23rd July.

When the Tracking number got to me I saw the delivery date was 24th July.

As soon as the item was collected by UPS the delivery date went to 27th July.

Why is this?

I feel totally deceived by this service. I wanted to use Fedex or DHL Express - they always take a max of 3 days to get to the UK. But I was persuaded to use UPS Expedited as my friend got his item in less than 24 hours from the US.

How does the term Expedited translate to mean ' will take twice as long'?

This is unacceptable and has now put my project is serious jeopardy.

I tried the Live Chat to UPS in the early hours of today and it was completely useless. The guy on the other end wasn't even aware I had been given prior earlier delivery dates.

Can someone answer me why Expedited means twice as slow as DHL Express or Fedex Global?

If you cannot answer these questions please escalate upwards to find someone who can.

many thanks Chris Williams"

What a shambles. Does anyone do what they say anymore? I have a catalog of inefficiency, incompetence, and theft (FedEx)etc all the way through this, but I'll spare you the pain.

UPS Expedited - needs a new definition for Expedited.

I am now wondering whether my man in the states pulled some strings for me. I was spending north of $10k a month with him, when I said I wanted them quickly he made sure I got them and I assumed this was just UPS being very efficient, obviously not and worth making note of.

Bob

Back