ECU Options for Ford Coyote

I have ordered my car, Superlite GTR, and it will be delivered after the turn of the year. I had intended a Ford ECU with Racelogic Traction Control, no longer available. There are several ECU's that include traction control and I am interested in the members' experiences. I would think that others would find this useful

I have tuned numerous Coyotes using the Motec M150 Ecu. All engine features are supported. Depending which version you order, traction control is available.

Haltech Elite 2500 is an option though they are still updating some of the details of the traction control through firmware updates but my guess is by the time you get there everything will be GTG. Holley Dominator is another option with the Davis Tech traction control.

I haven't used either yet. Plan to use the 2500 in my Apex build and I believe Jason is knee deep in his electrical work using the 2500 in his GT40 build...which if you haven't looked at his log you should definitely check the whole thing out...amazeballs.

Thanks to all. Roger, I have started investigating the Motec unit. Just started, long way to go. Racelogic recommended that I consider the ProEFI unit. Interesting, but it can only control 2 cams and recommend locking down the exhaust cams. Am investigating the Haltech unit and have exchanged messages with Jason down under.
The quest continues!!
Mike

Jason is the first of my customers running my manifold to depart from the Motec route. The cobra being built by stangTV for Sema will run the AEM system. Beware of systems that don't control all the functionality of the engine. I wouldn't consider a system that doesn't control the exhaust cams.
One major consideration is the level of support you will have access to to sort out all the questions you will have.

Roger is right on support, its most important. I can say that since I decided to try this system the guys at Haltech have been great so far. A base tune has been supplied for the car and I will see how this goes in getting it started before the dyno tuning. I have non standard cams but that should not be a deal breaker.

I'm also using the Haltech (Racepak) power distribution module and it's all a neat setup at a fair price (comparatively at least as all these systems are not cheap). In fact the Haltech system was chosen as it was not commonly used in a GT40, well priced and the system seemed pretty easily accessible for someone like me who's not an expert but wants to get involved in every aspect of the build. I also want the opportunity to share the cal to other coyote 40 people in this forum.

I have also installed traction control mostly for the fun of it and also due to the fact that I cannot drive for crap and may need it.

But again with the Haltech system support will be critical as most other Coyote users out there use other systems. I will keep all up to date on how this all goes. I want this thing driving by Christmas.... This year!

Back