What Distributor are you all useing ..

Hi All I am looking at getting a dissy for my 302 ... So what ones are we all using please ....My engine is in and I tried to fit the dissy I bought for my 40 .. but I cant get it in ... It has advance and retard on the out side .. help please....

Thanks all John..:blank:

John, We use an MSD pro billet part # 8579 for the 302 and a 8578 on the 351/427 They are mechanical advance ,you can curve them to your liking with spring and bushing kits from msd and are designed for clearance issues...........................M

John,
If you don't want to use an external MSD box (like the 6AL), consider an all-in-one solution like the 83521 model. I just purchased one for my Boss 302 build in my 1966 Mustang and it works like a charm - without a box.

Tim

John Mallory has been bought out by MSD, my understanding is they will support supplying repair/maintenance parts but who knows how long. It has gotten hard to get the mechanical advance spring to play with the curve on the Mallory. I am not sure the msd springs will work, I haven't gotten in that position myself yet. as far as a dual point Im not sure why you would really want to use one, you should be able to get an msd on e-bay or go directly to msd's sight .............m

Back