RCR GT40 with Ecoboost 3.5V6 crate engine?

Hey Guys,

First Post here.. I am considering having built an "RCR GT40 with Ecoboost 3.5V6 crate engine". Not total Heresy since the new GT will have a variant 3.5L TT V6. Anyone have any idea if this engine combination can be made to work? I'm told it is same bolt pattern as coyote. Will it physically even fit?

Anyone?

hqdefault.jpg

The problem isn't the engine block itself, but all the stuff that hangs off the sides. This will be an interesting build. I think an EcoBoost SLC would be quite interesting.

I suggest you take a closer look at the eco boost V6. There is the reverse intake, and location of the inter coolers.
To make the Coyote to work right takes skills and some money. To do that with the Eco LOT of skills, time and more money>>>>

ecoboost-dp-right.jpg

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
About 12 years back I threw it out to put one of these Cyclone Y40R 2.0 liter V8 into a which would give about 300 hp at a high rev limit.
Yes it would work but you would loose the large cube V8 burble and instant torque that the 302 type engine brings.

The 302 was also a fairly simple way to take a relatively unstressed engine and run it for s24 hours keeping things simple works for me!

That said when I bought my project it had a Morgan 3.9 v8 engine with the project that had been highly worked by a race workshop in the UK, it comes with fuel injection and is incredibly lively and comparable with low tune Ford 302 cars. (Either that or I am prepared to wring mine out more that other club members)

At one stage I even considered a Range Rover turbo diesel V8 to make the first ever diesel '40 but decided against that route as nobody did any aftermarket ecu that could be made to run outside a Range Rover 10 years on things are different and MegaSquirt and similar can now do the business.

Sure any engine can be made to work but in reality I believe it would detract from the overall feel sound etc of a GT40, but that said it would be an interesting project.

Oh and anything can be made to fit with enough work, like fitting me in at 6'3" and too many pounds!

Ian

sorry Mike, I personally don't need to see that. the new Ford GT is taking a lot of flack because of the V6. Guess I'm still old school and need to see a V8 in anything cool. reminds me of a Chevy engine in a Cobra kit car. I get the same reaction with a V6 even if they do make a lot of power. jmo

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
If either one of you were "old school" you'd own a GT40, one without A/C no less or in your case Larry, anything with 4 wheels built before your 2011 Buick.

At one stage I even considered a Range Rover turbo diesel V8 to make the first ever diesel '40 but decided against that route as nobody did any aftermarket ecu that could be made to run outside a Range Rover 10 years on things are different and MegaSquirt and similar can now do the business.

At least you would be keeping it Ford Ian :) The V8 Diesel is built in Dagenham

Brett

Back