Exhaust

I have a Superformance GT40 with a FAST stack system. It's self learning with the factory exhaust. I want the car to be louder, but not sure what will work correctly with the self learning system. The 02 sensor is on one of the headers, but ti apparently sucks in to much air with straight pipes and it throws the tune off. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!

Hi Chris, you should be OK if you position the O2 sensor as near to the engine end of the main collector as you can. If you have a foot or more of main pipe length after the sensor the impact of reversion pulses should be minimal. Cheers, Andrew

Chris,
I've noticed the same thing with my sensor located in the collector. Seems more accurate above 2500rpm when reversion ends. I have standard SPF mufflers, but am running a carb so I only have to compensate with jets.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi

Also make sure you have no leaks head to manifold and manifold to collectors.

Leaks in either will cause air to be drawn in and give incorrect readings

Ian

seal the collector connection to the muffler. I useed muffler cement liberal coating put the muffler back on wiped the excess car runs so much better. I too had the 02 sensor in the collector. Make sure your sensor is pointing down. I tried to put the senor under so you wouldn't see it after two failuresi put it about in 2:00 position no more failures. ugly but works
LLoyd

Back