Air filter

Has anyone fitted aircleaners inside the bodywork airscoops, creating a big air box?
If so, please let me know how.

The reason why I am asking is that I have Webbers now and I don't want to restrict them by putting something on top of the airhorns or spoil the looks.

Hi Geert-Jan,
Personally I am always nervous about open carb trumpets. It only takes one small pebble to wreck the engine! This is also true when you are static with the back open - especially with curious people looking at the engine bay. You might be lucky and spot something going in and hook it out on top of the throttles but........You really won't lose much performance if any.
My opinion but your decision!
Cheers
Roger Allen

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
There may be locations where the air is pure but in dry locations like Colorado, the air is full of dust & grit. I love the look of open stack Webers but imagine all the crap they would be ingesting and can't do it. One could change the oil frequently but valve seats and cylinder walls are still going to take a beating. One option would be these guys. For me, once you cover them up then what is the point unless you just prefer to tinker?

CUSTOM BILLET Air Cleaners

I have seen a 40 fitted with what I seem to remember were shaped pieces of fuel cell foam inset in the intakes. Not sure how it was secured, possibly double sided tape. Was not at all obtrusive. The car belongs to Chris Notley, unsure of the last time he posted on here.

Attachments

• 2007_Oulton Evo Test Day 16.jpg
    2007_Oulton Evo Test Day 16.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 2012_0722SilvClassic20120185.jpg
    2012_0722SilvClassic20120185.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 255
Back