Ford Z351 Engine

Anyone know of a company that provides a ready to assemble SBF aluminum block or a short block where one can specify the internal components?

Thank,
Charlie

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Why not try one of the custom engine shops?

Cheers!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
From what I've been told, Keith Craft might be a good place to start...and he's in your neck of the woods.

Craft Performance Engines

3157 Hwy 26 W.
Arkadelphia, Arkansas 71923
United States
Telephone: 1-870-246-7460

From what I've been told, Keith Craft might be a good place to start...and he's in your neck of the woods.

3157 Hwy 26 W.
Arkadelphia, Arkansas 71923
United States
Telephone: 1-870-246-7460

You may well be right. I think that "Keith" sold the company, and is no longer affiliated. Still, the "they" that's running the place could probably put something together.

I have one of the Ford Performance (Ford Racing) aluminum block, CNC aluminum heads, 427 cubic inch 4"stroke and 4.125" bore Windsor architecture long blocks. The internals include Scat steel crank and forged steel H beam rods, Mahle pistons, Comp Cams roller cam, aluminum roller rockers, Jomar stud girdle, etc. They list at US$15,995.00 but can be purchased for about $14,000 from some suppliers such as Auto Nation or Tasca. I have not run mine yet but will be ready to soon. It was broken in on the dyno at 589HP before shipping, with a single 4 bbl carb and should make about 625HP with my 8 stack injection system. They can be ordered with either front or rear sump pan. I replaced the pan with a Dan Olson aluminum road racing pan. When I bought it about 3 yrs ago it was about $11,000 delivered. In my opinion they are a bargain, and are very good value compared to buying all the parts separately.

A link follows below:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-Z427AFT

Best regards,
Gord Zonailo

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...I think that "Keith" sold the company, and is no longer affiliated. Still, the "they" that's running the place could probably put something together.

If the man whose name is on the company is no longer there, I wouldn't trust that "they" are still adhering to his quality standards.

E.g.: 'Friend of mine (George) sent his Olds 455 H.O. down to Joe Mondello's shop for 'the treatment' AFTER Joe died. You wouldn't believe the nightmare that resulted. When he got it back (over TWO YEARS later), the list of things that were NOT screwed up inside that engine could be written on a postage stamp. 'Dead serious. The engine had to be completely taken apart and REDONE before it could be installed in George's car.

'Just sayin'...

Larry,

The fact that Joe was able to put anything together after he had died just goes to show the dedication of the man. I wouldn't hold a few mistakes against him.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry,

The fact that Joe was able to put anything together after he had died just goes to show the dedication of the man. I wouldn't hold a few mistakes against him.

:stunned: That would have been quite an accomplishment, wouldn't it! :laugh:

Keith

I have one of the Ford Performance (Ford Racing) aluminum block, CNC aluminum heads, 427 cubic inch 4"stroke and 4.125" bore Windsor architecture long blocks. The internals include Scat steel crank and forged steel H beam rods, Mahle pistons, Comp Cams roller cam, aluminum roller rockers, Jomar stud girdle, etc. They list at US$15,995.00 but can be purchased for about $14,000 from some suppliers such as Auto Nation or Tasca. I have not run mine yet but will be ready to soon. It was broken in on the dyno at 589HP before shipping, with a single 4 bbl carb and should make about 625HP with my 8 stack injection system. They can be ordered with either front or rear sump pan. I replaced the pan with a Dan Olson aluminum road racing pan. When I bought it about 3 yrs ago it was about $11,000 delivered. In my opinion they are a bargain, and are very good value compared to buying all the parts separately.

A link follows below:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-Z427AFT

Best regards,
Gord Zonailo

Isn't the 110 octane leaded fuel requirement a bit of a concern?

I would like to thank everyone for their comments regarding my request. Again, thank you very much.

Blessings,
Charlie

Back