Currently have a ford 342 by roush with a 750 cfm. holly . The ignition is MSD electronic.
I am tempted with the borla 8 stack efi Webber look like so being OCD about understanding the system before buying it wondered if I could get some corrective advice on the workings of the system.
1 . Need high pressure fuel pump i.e. 100psi and good filters pre and post pump before injectors.
2 . Need fuel pressure regulator placed after injectors inline of fuel return to tank
3. Manifold supplied by Borja will have the standard waterways in for engine cooling ? Only asking as previously on my rf had to tap into the most caudal water channel to create a bleed point to prevent airlock in the system.
4 . The timing for the injectors to function comes from the distributor or can it be taken from the MSD ecu ?
5 the sensors (think it's only oxygen sensor as all others are discretely built into the imitation webbers) Will I need two sensors ,one in each side of the bundle of snakes or is just one side adequate ?
6 . The Fast 2.0 X1 ecu seems to be their choice ?
Any advice welcome and personal experience with this system

Last edited:
Your fuel pressure will only need to be about 40psi.
It will be regulated by a pressure reg and sent back to tank.
My reg is at the tank, this stops the hot fuel coming back from the eng and being pumped back into the tank.

Inj timing is a function of the ECU. it is programed to give the correct inj duration (Milliseconds) and timing.

You would have to check the sensors supplied in your webber look alikes but throttle position /air temp / manifold pressure maybe inbuilt.

O2 sensors in each collector.
As the collectors are a long way from the port the gas will cool off so you would run heated O2 sensors.

Jim

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Do a web search on Fast 2.0 problems before you jump in...
We recently pulled one off of a customers car that was so buggy, it could not be trusted.
I personally do not think the FAST 2.0 is ready for market.

Steve

Supporter
I would talk with Dennis Olthoff. He has an ECU that is a more proven commodity. I believe he combines it with an 8-stack EFI. The last time I talked with him about induction, he rolled his eyes a bit at the EFI. It sounds as if headaches and problems abound and the complexities make the implementation very challenging. In fact, he said if you want "that look" you'd be better off going with Webers....

Do a web search on Fast 2.0 problems before you jump in...
We recently pulled one off of a customers car that was so buggy, it could not be trusted.
I personally do not think the FAST 2.0 is ready for market.

Hi Randy.....I think you meant the FAST EZ-EFI 2.0, which is self-learning and controls fuel only. XFI Sportsman and XFI 2.0 are fine and working well. These require laptops to tune, so the ECUs are usually connected to and adjusted by tuners and more experienced types.

Huw,
I posted some info on the Roush/Borla system earlier. See this post (http://www.gt40s.com/forum/509288-post3.html), and feel free to PM me as I'm pretty well versed on this system and the recommended ECUs. BTW, I love mine....plus the EFI really makes sense where I live (large altitude variance....can see 5000~11000 feet during a drive).

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Randy.....I think you meant the FAST EZ-EFI 2.0, which is self-learning and controls fuel only. XFI Sportsman and XFI 2.0 are fine and working well. These require laptops to tune, so the ECUs are usually connected to and adjusted by tuners and more experienced types.

Yes this is the FAST EZ-EFI 2.0, but also controls spark and came with the distributor, fuel pump, regulator... The 2.0 system also includes a handheld controller that you can use to do your setup or monitoring the system.
IMO it is Junk.

Attachments

• IMG_6749.JPG
    IMG_6749.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_6750.JPG
    IMG_6750.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_6751.JPG
    IMG_6751.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_6752.JPG