valve covers

NickF

Lifetime Supporter
Can anyone tell me what period correct looking valve covers I can fit with my current header setup? Wondering if I can fit Westlake or similar? Any and all options are appreciated as I do not like the current valve covers.

Attachments

• webers (640x480).jpg
    webers (640x480).jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 737
  • Getrag trans #2 (640x480).jpg
    Getrag trans #2 (640x480).jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 535
  • BMR 17 rims rear (640x480).jpg
    BMR 17 rims rear (640x480).jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 579

NickF

Lifetime Supporter
Well I am having new larger diameter headers made now, and I can clear any valve cover. I like black with raw raised fins, do you sell the weslake eagle, moody or like covers in black? I have 1.6 rockers.

Steve

Supporter
Nick, I have 1.6 shaft rockers with a .600 lift and no problem with clearance using the Gurney Weslake valve covers from Scott Calabro

The Weslake heads fitted to the later 40`s were a different shape and the Weslake valve covers widely used on 40 replica`s these days did not exist in period as far as I can remember. The original earlier 40`s that I saw had plain steel rocker covers, Kev Farrington

Ed McClements

Supporter
The real Gurney-Weslake heads were special castings and it's unlikely that their valve covers would fit a 289/302/351 head, though there are aftermarket covers with the Gurney Weslake logo cast-in which will fit. Info here:-
Gurney Weslake Homepage

I bought Holman-Moody covers for my car. They come gray with natural fin tops but you could call them about painting them with black. I also think they should be something period that set it apart from Cobra covers.

Attachments

• GT40 Engine 1.jpg
    GT40 Engine 1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
Back