GT40 Australia (DRB) tilt out side windows

G

Would any DRB owners with the tilt out/removable side windows like to comment on their experiences with them. I am seriously considering a set of these, following a visit with Bob Williams in Nashville who has them in his DRB.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Lynn, I am going with the hinged windows, but haven't got them finished yet. I have the f/glass frames installed & am in the middle of installing the perspex in the alloy trim frames. There was a minor holdup after I cracked one window whilst trying to cut the perspex - I think I'll find someone with a laser cutter for that one !

My main reason for choosing this window style was our toll roads - if you want to go anywhere in Sydney at more than 30mph, you need to get on a toll road & hand over $3.30 every 10kms or so. The thought of trying to flick the coins through a little porthole, missing the basket, getting out of the car, etc. was too much !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.
smile.gif

Sorry to drag a really old post back up from 2002
But I like the looks of the removable windows and would like to know if any one has a set that they are not using and would be interested in selling them or if there is a newer version that is being manufactured.
I know I can just unscrew the windows or leave them off of the car but it rains way to much in Maine.
It would be nice to have the car sealed up tighter so I can actually wash the car without worrying about getting the interior as wet.
Thanks
Mark

The DRB side windows are great. You can take them out when it's hot and slot them back in easy when wet. I wouldn't say they are water tight.....I could order a set from DRB and send them to you if that helps?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I wonder how standard they (DRB) windows would be to all the various mfgrs of GT40s?
I may be interested in a set my own self!

Any pictures of these from DRB?

I think you could use this kit on most cars. The outer fibreglass frame bonds into the original opening ( see pic attached) then you cut down your original perspex to fit into the supplied alloy frames. I have attached a pic of the door finished.

You can make the outer frame bigger or smaller to suit your door opening.
I could measure the opening if it helps you decide. The kit is not cheap. But I think a worth while mod. I should of done this mod to my current Rf project...it's full of DRB parts anyways....

I am sure DRB would ship this kit anywhere in the world but I would also be happy to purchase for members and ship to them.

Please feel free to PM or email me if you want further information.

Attachments

• IMG_1269.jpg
    IMG_1269.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCN3479A.jpg
    DSCN3479A.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 387

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dave - Wow that sure looks nice!!!

Will check with DRB first and get back to you...

Thanks for posting the pics! Also love that green!!!

Dave,
Do you have the contact info for DRB as I could not find any info.
Also if a few of us stateside could get together and purchase a few sets it would be cheaper on the overseas shipping.

Thank you
Mark

Randy,
Just remember that we should not have to pay the extra taxes that are calculated into the price sheet as we are overseas.
Maybe that would cover the shipping expenses.
Mark

Back