Looking for radio....

Ron Earp

Admin
I am looking for a vintage look radio. I remember seeing a small radio, maybe 3 inches by 3 inches, in an older brit car a good while ago.

The radio only had a volume control, tuner control, and an analog dial showing FM stations.

I'd like something similar to my in my 40 if I do a radio at all, which is not decided. I've drawn this graphic of what I remember it looking like:

radio.jpg

It had a leather front, that matched the dash, and was held in place with four screws visible on the surface.

Anyone know of a source for such a thing, or if something similar exists in hotrod land? I really only want a radio, seems as I get older I get less particular to music and listen to more talk radio than anything else. Don't know what's happening to me...

Thanks for the help!!

Ron

Ron,
I'm not putting a permenant radio in my
car. instead I will use this little pocket
radio that I have. It is no bigger that a
pack of cigarettes. It is a stereo AM and
FM. What is really neat is that you can plug
in auxiliary speakers that are twice the
size of the radio. It also has a plug for a
soft wire antenna. My plan is to velcro it
on the console between the seats and lay the speakers down in front of the seats. That
way I can remove it and stow it in the door
compartment when not in use. I know it
sounds hokey but this little booger really
sounds good. More than you will ever need
in a GT40.
When my wife travels with me in the Cobra
she always listens to music on her CD player.
She wears the ear phones and she really
enjoys the trip a little more.

Hersh
smile.gif

Hershal I like your idea, but reception may be a problem. I bought a concealed cell phone antena a couple of years ago and I remeber they had a version that included radio reception. I'll try and find the dealer and post.

Back