Windshield rubber moulding

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Jack, Peter Ransom at www.gt40australia.com may be able to help. I have this rubber seal for my DRB (yet to be installed) - it is a "T-section" moulding which requires the windscreen glass to be at the same level as the f/glass frame, with about a 1/16" to 1/8" gap between the glass edge & the frame. I understand that it can be formed around the sharper corners with a heat gun, & that it is best installed with some silicone.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.
smile.gif

G

The original suppliers of rubbers for the Ford GT40 at FAV Slough was by a company called C O H Baines who are still going strong. In fact Robin used to do deliveries to FAV and now runs the company and is a GTD owner of some driving skill and has a very nice GTD, so nice it is on the front of Trevor Legates GT40 book out within the last year taht has been referred to on this forum before.

He can supply you with seals and trim (anything rubber really bar tyres) and has a web site at
www.coh-baines.co.uk

I beleive the part number is WT02.

Hope this helps.

Malcolm

G

Jack, On the TV show My Classic Car today, they were going on and on about Steele Rubber Products, click here for Steele Web Site
Steele Rubber Products™
6180 Hwy 150 East, Denver NC USA
704-483-9343 - 800-544-8665

The folks at C.O.H. Baines were really nice also. They sent me a complete sample set of the gaskets and seals needed on a GT40.

Out here in Arizona we have hundreds of mobile windshield installers. Most all of
them carry a large roll of the same windshield rubber that is used on the GT40.
When the installer came to my house, he didn't even use the rubber that came with the kit. I though he was going to charge me
extra but he said it was included in the price quoted. I asked him why he didn't use
my rubber seal and he showed me the two together. His seal was more supple and easier to bend around the tight corners. The other was slightly thicker and very hard to conform on the tight corners. He said that they are made of two different materials and mine would not last as long as his seal. I believe him.

Hersh
smile.gif

G

I agree with Hersh. My installer used his own trim rubber. The actual screen is bonded to the frame and the T shaped seal applied afterwards. Some guys here have no seal at all and rely upon just the bonding for the finished look. It doesn't look odd.
Malcolm

Back