Tinted windows

I've never had tinted windows because I think they look ghetto on a lot of cars, especially the super dark ones. However, properly done, I think they can look great, especially on a white car such as my intended paint scheme. When I saw the new Ford GT40 concept on display at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, it had dark tinted windows (probably to hide the nonexistant interior) and I thought it looked fabulous.

Does anybody have experience tinting their windows on a GT40? Being plastic, I think it may be easier to dye the side windows rather than use a film as is commonly done. Any input would be appreciated.

Ron Earp

Admin
Mark,

It would be easier to just started with tinted lexan or plexiglas. This is commonly available in lots of shades, tints, and optical densities. you can have fluorescent orange if you like, or just as nice 20% grey.

Just get RF or another manufacturer to get the windows made of different material, should be roughly the same cost as clear one. I think this would be better than dyeing or filming.

R

Back