Maserati air horns

Does anyone have a source for Maserati air horns? I have a set on the Lotus and have never used anything that works better. They make an 18 wheeler driver jump and take notice.

I'd like a set for the GT so if anyone knows a source I would appreciate it.

Danke,

Mark

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Mark: I think these are made by Fiamm in Italy. (at least that's what you see on Ferraris and Maseratis) Aardvark has them BUT evidently their prices are higher than other people's on most things. I think they are widely available; if I find a website link I will try to post it.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Mark; do a search for Fiamm and you'll find several sources, although I could not find a Fiamm website.
Now if you want something REALLY loud, look for air horns by Buell or Kahlenberg. They are earsplitting, although I don't know if they will fit in a GT40.
Having said that, my Mondial T has Fiamm horns and I've never had a problem getting anyone's attention. Have fun.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Mark, I have a set of dual Fiamms that are in the box over here which I got to put on my Toyota truck (now THERE'S a wimpy horn, it sounds like it's apologizing for being on the road) and haven't installed yet. If you are ever over here, we can hook them up and audition them. I suspect they'll be loud enough. They are easy to find, not an unusual item at all.

Back