demister vent on top of dash & other details

One thing I have learned very quickly while looking for GT40 bits & pieces is that,,,,,,

living in the USA is a big disadvantage when it comes to finding anything!

I have tried doing internet searches etc and am looking for anyone who has the (65 Zephyr) demister vents and the dash eyeballs available.

Of course, I don't even know what the heck a 65 zephyr IS, let alone where to find one here in KANSAS!!!!

The same has happened to me while trying to find the Rover door lock tumbler that looks like those used on a 40.

Is there anyone in the US that sells these types of items (used or new, even reproduction) that I have maybe overlooked?

It seems to me that there would be a small, yet growing market for such trim items here.

I wonder if ERA sells these parts, since they have them on their kits?

Has anyone been able to get bits from them even though they may be building another brand of replica?

Oh, and here's something I have not seen at all on any car yet. And YES, I have bought a few books on the cars in order to "study" them further.

What about sunvisors? Did they even have them? (sheesh, my kit isn't even here yet, and I'm thinking about "sun visors".
rolleyes.gif
)

I guess I haven't been "in the 40 loop" long enough yet.
wink.gif

G

Hi Alain,

I have a couple of the dash top demister grilles here. They are original items and have been sand blasted and primer etched. Cost is USD$45 which includes the price of postage. Email me if you are interested.

Cheers, Brian.

Hi Alain,

If you scroll down to MANUFACTURERS ANNOUNCEMENTS and read THE NEW SUPERFORMANCE GT40 MK11 PROJECT & ROBBIE SENEKAL you'll come across a pic of Robbie in his office with his two secretaries. You'll notice an original Ford Zephyr demister panel lying on his desk. Robbie has made the tooling for the demister and will be puching them out for the new GT40s.

If you e-mail Robbie at [email protected] I'm sure he would be happy to supply you or any forum member with one.

Best wishes,
Andre 40

Brian Stewart
Supporter
I’ve been doing more scavenging in wreckers yards and have unearthed (literally in some cases) enough MK III demister grilles to fill all the orders I had. I have, however, an orphan left over. It is the style with the turned up leading edge and has been out in the weather for some time (possibly since the Jurassic). Sandblasting has revealed a few small holes on the left hand side (circled in red) and some pitting where rust has eaten into it. With some TLC and filler, however, it could be made quite presentable. I could trash it, but it took a lot of finding and someone out there may want to give it a splendid home. Cost is UDS$35 (or equivalent in € or £) which covers the sandblasting, primer etching and postage (and very little else…). Send me an email.

Attachments

• 33728-IMG_0614.JPG
    33728-IMG_0614.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 507
"What about sunvisors? Did they even have them?"

I've found that a hat with a broad brim works nicely (i.e. a baseball cap).

Back