seat heaters?

I plan to drive my GT40 as much as possible when completed. One thing I did in my cobra to extend my "driving season" was to wear a heated vest during cold days.

Since my seats are coming to me unupholstered, I am thinking of maybe installing seat heaters while they are being covered.

I think the switch can be mounted on the seat in a low position in order to keep it out of site.

Anyone else thought about doing this, or am I the only one who hates being cold,,,,but can not afford to relocate to Arizona?

here's a link to the heaters http://www.seatcomfort.com/seatheaters.htm

I suppose that I may have become spoiled, driving my 500e on daily commutes.
rolleyes.gif

The more I think about it, the small cabin of the 40 shoudln't be too hard to heat or cool.

Having driven my MK-IV approx 20,000 miles over the years, including once in the snow, I never found being too cold inside the cockpit to be a problem...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Alain, there aren't too many 'first' left in the GT40 world, but you might be able to be the first person to actually get cold in a GT40. From my limited experience, lack of heat is not a problem. Lack of ventilation is more like it. It would not take much of a heater to warm that little compartment, and the amount of waste heat coming off one of these big engines will ensure that you don't freeze. Also keep in mind that the (probably metal) water tubes run through the central tunnel. You'll get some heat that way, whether or not you want it. You're going to have to work at being cold in your GT40.
By the way, I would be very interested in any anecdotes from Jim/MkIV about what it is like to drive J6 on public roads, if there are some to share...

There are many that I remember but driving through the dawn into the sunrise on an early spring morning and seeing the mist condense off of the bright yellow paint and streak back like the tuffs of cotton Ken Miles used to figure out the areodynamics on the Cobra Coupe was one I still see in my dreams...

Back