Twin Nostrils

I have the old style nostrils that go down about 5-6 inches. Does anyone have pics of the twin nostrils that go down to the base of the radiator? ?What did you use to seal the radiator off so that most if not all the air goes up and over the car.Who if anyone makes one. My fiberglass guy will make one for me, but we need some pics or measurements. The ones I remember are closer to the edge than where mine are I believe. Thanks for help.
Bill

Bill, see pics in the "cars for sale - GTD for sale " of the nostril panel on Martin Weigolds car, this is panel that I make and fit in the UK, Frank

Bill,

My nostrils fit very tightly around the radiator/hoses,

and don't allow any compression of the front bay at all.

Since your car is the same make,it would be the obvious

choice to copy. I'll send photos and dimensions within a

couple of days.

Bill

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
The setup that Bill Bayard is referring to is an newish option from DRB - I started off with the shallow nostrils, but after seeing Bill's deep ones, ordered the kit from Peter Ransom.

The full kit comes in 4 pieces - the top hatch panel, 2 scoops & a joiner piece for the front of the scoops. If your top panel fits ok, you may only need the other bits - it should not be too hard to cut out the old scoops & fit the new ones.

A mate of mine has a DRB with the original shallow nostrils & has fitted a f/glass "shroud" across the back of the radiator which forces all air to go through the thermo-fan. He reckons that this has improved cooling quite a lot.

I'll probably try this down the track as mine still runs at 100degC on long term idle with the fan on.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

This is another way of doing it (Not my design). I copied what Bud Jones had done on his car. If you want to keep the "old style" twin nostrils, this will do it. The new designs that you guys are talking about eliminates the use of Ali panels in photo.

Attachments

• 30472-Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    30472-Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 326
Back