Stripe Dimension

Pat

Supporter
Would anyone have the Shelby '65 stripe dimensions to include the width of the individual stripes and the gap between them? These are the twin broad white stripes on the "Shelby blue" car versus the narrow stripe in '66.

I was looking after this just the other day. In the Shelby GT40 book, the total stripe width (including space) is the same width as the gap in the rear clip for the carb trumpets. For me, that's somewhere around 13.5 inches. I was leaning more towards the width of the rear engine vent which is close to 16 inches. Then you get into the decision whether or not to extend the stripes into the engine bay...

Veek, you talking Shelby campagined GT's or Shelby Mustangs? If you are speaking of the GT350's, then do you have a Tony Branda cataloug? If you are speaking about the Le Mans stripes that go over the car, they were the same for 65 & 66. They were not equal widths over the car. Optically, they look the same, but they are not. If you are speaking of side stripes, the 65's were wider. They were painted on in 65, and the 66's were tape. Again, Tony Branda's catalog has all the dimensions. If you've seen the ones on my car, they are tape and just say FORD GT. The dealer who put my cat together has the pattern for these. I'm sure he'd make some if the price was fair. Let me know if any questions...

Pat

Supporter
Thanks Pat and Tom.
Pat, you may have the right idea as to not mess with the look around the rear grille.
Tom, perhaps if you provide your dealers name in a PM I can see what it will set me back. The stripes I was referring to are the top stripes. (See photo)

Attachments

• 51229-daytona65.jpg
    51229-daytona65.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 392
Just saw one of the new ones at a dealership outside of Houston, red with white stripes. Salesman said car is sold to a guy in California but can't move until A-Arm is corrected. Said car was sold for $250,000. This car has been on Ebay at least twice. Sounds like someone is trying to flip it - if true hope he loses his ass.

Anyway, I crudely measured the stripes using my fingers and credit card reciept. Center space is 1", stripe width is 6-3/4" wide. Total width matches the door space and also matches the license plate trim piece on the rear. Obviously, since I couldn't open the door, I have no idea if the stripes are parallel, but they sure appear to be.

Back