Cibie Headlights

Howard Jones

Supporter
Does anyone have access to the correct replacement bulb for my headlights? Main reflector body has a number on it, 70078 and it is a Cibie. The removeable lamp is a Lucas and it has 12V 60/55W on it. I need one at least as the low beam element has gone out.

hb12 is that not the halogen upgrade for the old 410 style pre focus bulb similar to a standard 472 halogen headlight bulb but with a round base fitment

Howard Jones

Supporter
Canuk Here's some shots. This bulb has a larger diameter base than a current H4. But the lamp portion looks the same as a H4.

Attachments

• 52855-HPIM0094aa.jpg
    52855-HPIM0094aa.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 443
Howard
That bulb is an Osram #P45t, also I think you can get them from a Renaul dealer, they fit the lamps in the Renault 12
Hope this helps
Phil

The problem is that the modern, high output (up to 60% brighter) 60/55W bulbs are in the slightly smaller p43t fitting. . .
However, never fear, I know where to get adapter rings to fit in the p45t headlamp to take these bulbs. The new bulbs in their adapters have transformed the headlights on my GTD.
Incidentally, the guy who does these adapter rings also does high output multi-LED arrays for rear side/stop lights and indicator bulbs.
Go to Paul Goff's website

Yes you need a P45, or 410. The later bulbs which will not fit are called P43 or 472.
Your bulbs are still relatively easy to get over here. I got some from Halfords a couple of years ago. Attcahed is the back of the packet. It shows that they have (had) the usual 60/55 and the 100/80 which I bought.

Attachments

• 52935-bulbs0002.jpg
    52935-bulbs0002.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 434

Howard Jones

Supporter
Just to close out this thread my bulbs arrived and are exactly what I needed and fit perfect. I used the 55W/100W bulb and I like them. Tried them out last night and the 100W high beam was really much better. www.bulbs.com

All P45T base.

W-6361 60W/55W 150/300 hours $2.50 ea
W-6255BAH 60W/55W 150/300 hours $3.12 ea
W-6365 100W/80W 100/200 hours $3.95 ea
W-6255BAHP 100W/55W 100/200 hours $5.25 ea

Hi Lee,
I've just got a pair of the 100/80 485's and before fitting them wanted to check out the fuse situation.
My 40 has 7.5 amp fuses but am considering replacing them with 10amp.
How did you get on with your lamps/fuses?
Cheers
Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Hi Paul
For fuses use the equation Watts = Volts x Amps. Swap it around to get Amps (fuse) = Watts (Bulb) / Volts (12). So if you have a fuse per bulb element you need 100 / 12 = 8.3 Amps, so a 10 amp fuse per main beam filament. Your 7.5 amp fuses will get hot and probably blow soon. I would also recommend trying to leave them off when stationery. My old headlamps eventually had a not very shiny reflector.
All the best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Lee

Paul
Just a note on a problem I had with high wattage bulbs...I noticed a distinct odor in the vehicle after about 10 min. of driving, and it turned out that the headlamp switch had been cooking under the dash, I remedied this by putting a relay just behind the lamps, and feeding the coil with the headlamp feed. Battery voltage comes directly from a main accesory lead, and the problem was solved. You may need to feed both filaments with separate relays, but they are small and fitting them is not a problem. Just my two cents.
Cheers
Phil

Hey Phil,
Good stuff,anything to avoid a nasty niff or worse!
May just stick to driving in the day.............only joshing!
Thanks
Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back