Carbon Fiber kit?????

Does anyone know of or have experience with a "carbon fiber look" fabrication kit? Somewhere in the huge pile of catalogs I have for car stuff I remember seeing a kit that allowed the DIY folks to manufacture panels that look like carbon fiber which weren't actually carbon fiber, the materials may simply have been colored fiberglass. Now I can't find the darn kit.
Our chassis is completly clad in aluminum, inside and out and there are two small panels that I can't make out of aluminum because of the convoluted shape and I'd like to use something else rather than a plain layup of glass mat, BUT I don't want to turn this little exercise into a graduate level chemestry and engineering thesis.
I can't refine a search on Google enough to give me what we need.

Thanks
Brian

Brian, we have just done some carbon fibre layup for replacement panels for the single seater. The weight saving is substantial, and with a total thickness of 2mm it is not any more intrusive as ali sheet. Call me if you want more info. Frank

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Frank,

Would you, by any chance, be doing any carbon fiber dash molds? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back