Dash screen vent.

I'm trying to find out if one of the original vents - I think from the Ford Zephyr will fit in the Tornado dash that I have. Anybody know where I might get one to try out ? Alternatively has anyone got dimensions of one so I can measure the recess in my dash.

I want to see if the original style vent will fit the dashboard - I already have a dash so know how big the space is for it to go in, I'm just not so keen on the flat pressed - louvre item that Tornado supply.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
I've got a Zephyr vent sitting at home. I'll measure it tonight and let you know.

Cheers, Brian

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Sorry Paul - it's tagged for my car. I will have a look around for you though. I 'm heading up to the wreckers yard 2/3 April.

Cheers, Brian.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Maximum width side to side = 528mm
Maximum width front to back = 135mm
Depth of side turndown = 6mm
Length along angled side = 132mm
The leading edge has a slight curve that protrudes beyond a straight line drawn between the leading edge corners by 12mm.
The trailing edge is straight but curves round to meet the angled sides with a turn of approximately 18-20mm radius at either end.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Brian

Brian - I've measured the recess on my dash and it's about 520mm at the widest point nearest the screen. Does the grill have a lip around the outside or does it sit completely in the recess - in which case I'll have to try something else.

Back