Windscreen for GT40

Hello
I look for a windscreen for a GT40.
I set a GT40 Replika on an old Dax kit.
I live in Hamburg/Germany.
Last well if the windscreen lasts to buy in Europe.
Best regards
Michael

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Lee
Great information but I have heard that the DAX windscreen is slightly different dimensions to GTD / Tornado etc.

I have a DAX windscreen for my kit and as yet it is not fitted so possibly could be used as a template if required - but then again for this expense it may not be worthwhile as I believe only 10 Daxes were produced.

I'll see if I can get the screen around to someone's car and do a test fit and advise.

Regards
Ian

Hello Ian and Lee
Thank you for your strives.
The information will help me further.
Again much thanks to for fast answers.
Regards
Michael

Ian

That would be awfully large investment to make tooling for a windscreen different to all the others. I suspect it is a bit of misinformation - ours is better than yours, sort of information put about at one time. But I could be very wrong. Roy Snook probably knows the answer for certain. Try sending him a PM.

Hi Gays
On my e-mails at: I got GTD Racing, Tornado and MDA no answer.
Those are interested only in kit sells.
Spare parts definitely are no business for them/her/it.
I need further help of her/it seeks after a windscreen for GT40.
Regards
Michael

Hi all - Just received a posting for current mag:
--------------------------------------------------------
<font color="blue"> </font> GENUINE GTD PARTS

The following genuine GTD parts are still available from Ray &amp; Graham at GTD.

WINDSCREENS Clear &amp; Tinted

REAR WINDSCREENS Clear &amp; Tinted

BULKHEAD WINDOWS Clear &amp; Tinted

PLASTIC SIDE WINDOWS with or without Flaps

HEADLIGHT COVERS

SPOTLIGHT COVERS

See Ray at the competetive Meetings or
ring, text, or voicemail Graham on 07906 663441
---------------------------------------------------------

<font color="black"> </font> NOTE - I do NOT know whether a GTD screen will fit a DAX or not - but I'm sure Graham will know. - hope it helps.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Mirek,

It's my understanding that the Dax was a KVA with two inches added just above the side sills to make a taller car. The windshield openning should be the same as KVA, Tornado, GTD, CAV, and a host of other cars.

If the glass won't go then there's a generation loss in the tooling or deliberate distortion introduced by the body manufacturer. Even so anything added to create a "proprietary shape" should only affect the perimeter not the shape of the openning. No worries...

CAV stocks windshields in Canada. I'd bet the freight from Canada to Germany is less than from South Africa, however your best bet is to find something in the EU.

Failing that, I'd be glad to supply you a clear, laminated, safety glass, windshield. Let me know how it goes, Cheers

Hi Ian end Paul
Your information helped very much me.
I will make still today for a few telephone calls in order to buy the windscreen with GTD Racing.
I wisely the the windscreens, to buy quite easily in America, is.
Unfortunately, the freight is too expensive.
I inform you in next days like finished my efforts.
Best Regards
Michael

Hello
I still require help.
My e-mails at: Tornado, GTD Cars and MDA Cars remained without answer.
We also reached nobody by telephone.
I seek further.
Regards
Michael

[ QUOTE ]
Lee

I believe only 10 Daxes were produced.

I'll see if I can get the screen around to someone's car and do a test fit and advise.

Regards
Ian

[/ QUOTE ]
i used to own chassis no. 019, maybe the last one made
and i know someone who has a spare dax windscreen

Hello
I found a windscreen in England near MDA.
Unfortunately, MDA is rather unkind for GT40 builders. They sell parts only to buyer of kit. My request for an exception remained without an answer.
Dear MDA can win her/it/them no new customers with your attitude.
I alone can 4 people that builds his/its GT40 slowly and parts of needing.
However, I can want buy no one for her/it a new kit.
With the people this can buy only parts one also a very keen shop does.
Harm the MDA this doesn't see.
Owner of a MDA Kit please reports to me.
Maybe I can buy a windscreen through her/it/them.
Regards
Michael

Keith

Hi Mirek, I'm sorry you've had no response to your windcsreen questions, but have you tried contacting them by telephone?

Surely someone on here can help this guy out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ring, text, or voicemail Graham on 07906 663441
-----------------------------------------------

<font color="black"> </font> NOTE - I do NOT know whether a GTD screen will fit a DAX or not - but I'm sure Graham will know. - hope it helps.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi again Mirek - I have added a link to forward email directly to Graham. You can email him at graham.kelsey$gtd40club.co.uk replacing $ with @

He travels the world quite a bit so I am not sure whether he is in UK at moment, if he is happy to have his direct email address included I'll post again.

I hope he can help you further... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Paul
I wrote Grahem already an e-mail.
Now remains to only wait.
Regards
Mirek (Michael)

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I spoke at lenght to DAX people at Stoneleigh on Sunday. This was one of the questions I asked and they confirmed the DAX windscreen is actually the same size as all the other 40's. He did continue to say there were 2 suppliers and one did not fit as well (Could be made to fit with thicker adhesive and some work) (leads me to think of Paul W's thread in the for sale section) He invirted me to call on Thursday this week when they will have returned to base and unpacked the show stuff and he will try to dig out the correct supplier's name.

Once I have more I will post

Regards
Ian

Hello Ian
I ordered a windscreen from England through a dealer.
If she/it arrives, I will try her/it/them on at a kit.

If the windscreen will fit, I lift the possibility to order new in Germany.
Which number your windscreens have.
I have this number: 1810LCL, 3551ACL, BS 857-2 1967.
If immediately is the number, then, the windscreens must fit.
Regards
Michael

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Mirek

I will check my windscreen tonight (in about 90 minutes) and post the numbers I find straight away. Hopefully this will ensure you have the correct screen

Regards
Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Mirek

My screen has the following numbers
XXX Triplex
LAMINATED
E11 (within a circle) 43R-00075
DOT17-M471-ASI

Hope this helps

Ian