Luggage Capacity

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Folks, Here's something that everyone can appreciate in our favorite car.

CAV Canada has an update which relocates the power brake booster into the pasengers' footwell. The CAV foot box is symetrical so the pedals can be mounted on either side. So there's nothing in the passenger side and a nice set of mounting tracks already welded to the floor.

This frees up room in the rad cradle for our 2pc Luggage Set. Luggage has wheels, pop-up handles and soft sides so you and your lady friend can take off for a weekend.

Now that it's all worked out, the modification is pretty strait forward, however we went through three generations of the systems' brackets, bellcrank, pushrods and fittings to get here. The single outlet nose fits perfectly over the bags.

Have to chuclke, when we were at the Toronto International Auto Show with Ford, during a question period the Ford Reps were asked about luggage capacity in the new GT. The answer: "yes, it has luggage capacity...what ever you can carry in your pockets!" The guy great and the crowd laughed:)

Attachments

• 56681-LuggageBagsc.jpg
    56681-LuggageBagsc.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 364

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
That's a nice setup Ian. However, I am stuck with what I have (no space at all, except for doors). When my wife raised the issue of storage space (lack of) for touring, I suggested that all she needed was a couple of G-string outfits & that they would fit in the doors just fine.

Response : "OK, so everything else that I need for such trips must fit on your credit card, and will obviously have to be replaced at each stop-over" !

So much for the G-string theory (but it was worth a try) !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Ian - I Wish !!!

Maybe 20 years ago, but not a chance in the world now !

In reality, I am going to have to struggle with the concept of sending the equivalent of a small shipping container ahead for each leg of the trips !

On second thoughts - I could always tell her that selected trips are "boys only" - might just elicit a sigh of relief from both parties !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

This may be a silly question but did anyone ever make a removable luggage rack for Mark 1's...?

I told my mom that on our drive down from Vancouver Island to San Diego, the size of her luggage was limited to a lunchbox; as she needs a steamer chest just for her cosmetics, I'm afraid she's out of luck... guess I can ship her ahead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rick

Back