Roll bar and Race Harness

I'm in the process of fitting an RF Roll bar into my car and just about to drill the holes. However, I understand that there are a number of variations to the way a safety harness would be attached to it. Does anyone have any pictures of the way they did it? My preference is to loop it around the cross brace but it seems to me that I may need to modify it slightly if I was to do that. If that’s what I gotta do though then that’s what I will do, but I don't want to find out later and have to take it out again.

Thanks Hersh. The pics are a bit dark to see the detail but it gives me a vague idea. Would I be correct in saying that Richards car has the dropped floor? (as opposed to the lowered floor on mine). It seems that the cross brace is higher relative to the top of the seats so he can get away without having to modify the webbing on the roll bar. Another option of coarse is to attach the harness to the points provided on the space frame, which is starting to look a bit more attractive to me now.

Chris,
Richard's GT does have the droped floor.
If I was putting in the roll bar then I would definetly use the points provided on the space frame. I would also use those templates I sent you. If you need me to retake the photo let me know.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Here's my setup Chris

Attachments

• 62455-gt40belts(422x317).jpg
    62455-gt40belts(422x317).jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 284
Thanks Ross. I have the same eyelets provided with my roll bar too but the problem is that they sit immediately behind the seat and would force me to move the seat forward (or modify the seat). Did you have to deal with that problem?

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Ah yes the difference may be that I have the fibreglass race seats with holes for the belts to come through and you have the stock seats.Unless you change the seats Chris I reckon you could make brackets that utilize the eyelets to raise belt pickup points.My seats do have enough room behind them for the buckles too.
Ross

Back