Door locks?

Does a GT40 have exterior door locks?
Sorry about the dumb question,
But I've done a search and can't find an answers.
Did find a post that mentioned that people will open the doors at shows.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
It seems to be a standard fitting on RF's & DRB's. I installed them on mine before I really thought about it (so I wouldn't bother if I was doing it again).

At the end of the day, we all have perspex / Lexan type side windows of some description & they are just so easy to break through.

My philosophy is to leave the car unlocked & to leave nothing of significant value in it. That way, thieves can enter at will (without breaking any windows), discover nothing worth pinching, then bugger off ! (Mind you, I don't remember parking the car anywhere I could not see it 100% of the time) !!

The trick is to have a rock-solid immobiliser fitted (preferably with another hidden kill-switch or two). This will defeat the joy-rider mob, but if the pro's want your car, they'll get it - winched into a metal bodied van (no sat/radio tracking) or at gunpont - either way, its gone in 60 seconds !

I am surprised that anyone would open the doors at a car show (never heard of that happening before, & half the cars at shows have their doors, boots, bonnets open for display purposes anyway), but if that was a concern, then the simple door locks like RF & DRB would stop that (like, who is going to jemmy open a perspex window of a show car just to get a better look inside ?).

Basically, not worth worrying about !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Here is a 66 road car mechanism. If interested can get more detailed pics, probably this weekend.

1456449WebP1010028.jpg

Hi Bill
Forget the door locks I dont think there needed, post some more pictures of the car, the wire wheels look excellent and unusual.I thick it's the first time I have seen them other than in original photos.

As far as I aware the racecars did not have door locks.

Have you thought about fitting central locking that can be locked by a remote control? That’s what I have fitted to my 40 and I'm very pleased with it works well & can be bought very cheap on E-Bay.

Chris

Back