CAV Storage bin

Pat

Supporter
For those of you with a CAV, you know there is a small storage area behind the left side fuel cell under the A/C coil. Has anyone done anything creative with that space? There is a foam pocket there now and I thought it would be better suited for a tool box or something fabricated to put tire inflator or other emergency road items. The proximity to the fuel cell and pumps has me leery of putting any electronics back there.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Keith

How 'bout this?

Can't think of a better piece of kit ;)

Attachments

• 6947.jpeg
    6947.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 725
Veek said:
For those of you with a CAV, you know there is a small storage area behind the left side fuel cell under the A/C coil. Has anyone done anything creative with that space? There is a foam pocket there now and I thought it would be better suited for a tool box or something fabricated to put tire inflator or other emergency road items. The proximity to the fuel cell and pumps has me leery of putting any electronics back there.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I have put a spare coil, 4 plugs, 2 cans of Aerosol tyre repair, 4 roadside flares, 6 Advils(pain), 4 Benadryls(allergy), a dozen wetnaps, bandaids, a tube of Nepsorin, 2 pair of latex gloves and my rollup toolkit with lead hammer, wire, pliers, screwdriver(philips and slotted), #10 combo wrench, 6" adjustable wrench.
Then I changed the bolts to Allen head thumbscrews and polished the top, affixed a "No Step" plaque on it.

Pat

Supporter
Thanks for the follow up. Did you pull out the foam and carpet to make room or leave it as is?

Veek said:
Thanks for the follow up. Did you pull out the foam and carpet to make room or leave it as is?

I just left the lining as is as it absorbs the rattling that may occur during "spirited driving".

Back