Radiator Fan Screen

I don't know if there was a screen on the original but I thought this was a practical and nice mod to the single nostril fan enclosure on my CAV. I know the double nostril model had them. Does it look OK?

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 447
Then, when I realized the screen mesh was an exact copy of the originals, I decided to do the scoops too. The originals were steel and attached with tabs wrapped around a small diameter tube brazed onto the perimeter of the screen. they were sent out for chrome plating then the tabs were screwed onto the sides of the scoop, on the outside. Too far beyond my fabricating skills so I relied on new technology: stainless steel screen and 2 part epoxy on the inside.

Attachments

• sidescoopscreen.jpg
    sidescoopscreen.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 407
Ron,

I made stainless screens for all my car's apertures, a couple of years ago.
That mesh was from Racer Parts Wholesale. The reason that I mention this, is that my first effort was quashed by the mesh turning to RUST after a few months of driving, washing, etc. I raised HOLY HELL with RPW, and they sent me new mesh, but that didn't compensate me for the time involved, nor the wounds incurred. I would suggest "test weathering" the mesh, BEFORE putting a lot of time and effort into making panels.

I would imagine that Pegasus and RPW buy from the same supplier. BTW, the second piece of mesh was fine, and still is.

I made gaskets for my panels out of razor slit, 1/4" vacuum line, glued into place with black weatherstrip adhesive. Easily removed, if necessary.
A search will turn up photos that I posted, showing the panels and gaskets.

Bill

Back