Seatbelt Mounts

I'm using the original seatbelts from RF to get through rego. I know where the top mount for the seatbelt is, what I'm struggeling with is where the bottom mount nearest to the sill is mounted to. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Bob there isnt one that is why you cant find it.

Make an angle bracket to mount to the seat mounts on the chassis floor and bring the belt off that.
Dont bend the seatbelt bracket BOB.

Use the same size as the belt bolt to mount bracket you cant go wrong 1/2 unf industry standard.
I would use a large OD washer on the underside as large as you can find.
The other spot is to the frame at the rear bulkhead down low on the 40 x40 box section.

Jim

Last edited:

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Jim,
Seat anchorage and seat belt anchorage on the one bolt is probably a no, no

Seat belt anchorage should be mounted to chassis.

Location in accordance with AS 2596 or 2597, (memory failure at 1:00 am!!)

Trevor

HILLY

Supporter
Bob,
I made up these brackets so that I could use both the lap sash and the harness style belts. I had them approved by the engineer working on my car. They took a bit of work but seem to work well.

Attachments

• SBB.JPG
    SBB.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 548
Trevor I may not have been clear.
The seat mounts on the RF are the strips off steel that run across the floor for the seat to mount to not on the seat itself.
I know Bob has an RF and the seats are made of glass and bolts direct to the strips.
A angle bracket as per Peters pic mounted to the strips.
Sorry if I confused you Bob.

Jim

Last edited:
All that time searching for something thats not there!
Thanks to all that replied. As I"ll be using both types of belts, I may need to use a bracket similar to Hilly's to provide all mounting points. Just need to check with engeneer.

The REAR floor strap should be used for the lap/sash seat belt. Thats the one that the seat does NOT bolt to. (Lap/sash seat belts are designed to mount rearward of the driver's lap).

The harness on the other hand bolts to the same strap as the rear of the seat. This results in the lap strap taking a far more verticle path to the driver's lap when tightened. One reason is to stop the lap strap from rising when you tighten the shoulder straps.

for what it's worth, I cut the seats, welded on a brace to use 5 point harness. Seats look unchanged after they have been put back together.

Attachments

• DSC06449 forum.jpg
    DSC06449 forum.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCF2595 forum.jpg
    DSCF2595 forum.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 378
Back