GTD 40 steering wheel

Hi members,
have just become the proud owner of a GTD 40 replica -as the cockpit entry in somewhat awkward to say the least, has any member ever fitted a race type detachable steering wheel on a GTD ? if so I would like to know what the items were used.
many thanks
Simon Jude (rookie member):pepper:

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Simon,

Thanks for joining the forum!

The forum is divided into subforums, and, you will find a subforum entitiled Tech - Interior, Exterior and so on that this would probably fit in.

The forum you have posted in is for forum accouncements and for questions pertaining to the forum itself, or problems, not for general car problems.

Best,
Ron

simon jude said:
Hi members,
have just become the proud owner of a GTD 40 replica -as the cockpit entry in somewhat awkward to say the least, has any member ever fitted a race type detachable steering wheel on a GTD ? if so I would like to know what the items were used.
many thanks
Simon Jude (rookie member):pepper:

Hi Simon,
Welcome to the forum.
Before answering your question, may I suggest you join the Enthusiasts Club? There is an area meeting at the Fairmile Hotel in Cobham every second Wednesday monthly, where your questions can be answered face-to-face.
On the subject of steering wheels - yes the Moto-lita wheel can be mounted on a quick release boss as in the attached photo (I hope).

Attachments

• Pdrm0072.jpg
    Pdrm0072.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,236
  • Pdrm0074.jpg
    Pdrm0074.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 844
Back