sun visors

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
The GT40 Enthusiasts club is looking at doing a good quality GT40 Cap.

Most of us on this side of the pond use a cap to keep the sun out our eyes. Once you get to your destination they look good too!

Ian

I was thinking of a simple film type shaded region at the top of the screen - I'm sure I have seen a car with this on it somewhere.

A tint across the top of the windshield (windscreen) would help to improve visibility and reduce heat load. A cap works well for improving visibility. especially when driving directly into the sun but doesn't do much for reducing heat load.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Found this to be effective --8" wide --great for advertising--- and from a drivers perspective --just like driving out of a letter box

Attachments

• Picture 312 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 312 (Medium).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 461

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Guys,

Here's Angelo's 1075 copy with the blue tint band as per the original race cars. We're still debating about going along the side windows too.

Oh yeah, the roof lights were fitted for Pace Car duties at the VARAC Vintage Festival and Toronto GP Champ Car Race this past summer. What a blast!

Anyways the film works great. While the light bulb was on I did make a template in case anyone's interested in one:)

Cheers

Attachments

• CAV1075Lights4.jpg
    CAV1075Lights4.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 453

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Chuck,

Check with any of the glass shops or window tint guys that do new cars or auto parts store. You can buy it as an accessory item in about a six foot length or see the pros and let them do the whole deal. I can send you one precut, only blue in stock right now.

Cheers

speed220mph said:
A cap works well for improving visibility. especially when driving directly into the sun but doesn't do much for reducing heat load.
You're not driving fast enough. :)

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Pat,

They're 5.75" Cibie with additional sockets fitted for Parking Lights. Note also the painted surrounds on the driving lamp covers. The orange band (as per original) covers the foam gasket material.

I can certify the roof lights are good for at least 140mph, the oganizers told us to take it easy on the parade laps:)

Cheers

Back