Race Tech seats

I have done a search for these seats and came across one person who went with RaceTech in New Zeland, and have sent him a note. Is there anyone who has some info on these seats. They have two that I am looking at. The 4009W-meaning the seat area is 16" wide compared to the regular which is only 14.5". Seems the Aussies are rather narrow in the hips. I have sat in both of these seats, but they were in a Corvette. The regular seat feels like a kids seat to me. I am 5-9 and 150# and don't consider myself to be wide(33" waist).The dimensions have the height at 34" , which will clear my roll cage by 1/2-1". I can cock the seat back a little for the firewall angle and it will give me a little suport under my legs which is not a bad thing. Just don't know how far that will be until I trial fit one in the car. I am talking with a Corvette race shop about them. They will set the front end on my car and supply the Wilwood brakes for the car as well. These seats can be seen here.
Racetech North America

The other seat that Race Tech makes is the Saker. It is a laid back seat that in my search said it was at an angle of 26 degrees. I am not sure what the angle is on my DRB. Maybe someone can enlighten me. the height of these seats is just 26.5" and doesnot apear in the photo to have the same level of padding at the edge of the seat under the legs. Again, has anyone used these.These can be viewed here.
Racetech North America

On the Race Tech North Ameria site under Racetech Owners / Road/Track Cars they show a CAV(CAV GT40 from 2G Motorsports and 2gmotorsports.com) as a user of their seats. Anyone know who might have one in their car(s)

Would appreciate anyones input on these seats or on other seats that they have come across. I really like the way these seats hold you. I know, I know, the console and the sills hold you pretty good, but I plan to race mine occasionally and really want the holding power. + I have a 5 point harness and the holders in these seats will keep everything nice and neat.

Bill

I have an upright Racetech seat in my Viper. Switched from Sparco to Racetech. Very Comfortable.

Attachments

• 35081575-M.jpg
    35081575-M.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 497
Back