GT40 Steering Wheel Emblem...

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Does anyone know where I can acquire a GT-40 appropriate steering wheel emblem? Something like "Ford GT" or "GT-40" ? The wheel is a standard momo but I can machine it to fit (have a lathe/milling machine). I noice the Superformance cars have a nice emblem.

Thanks in advance!

Malcolm

Supporter
I think Paul Thompson had some made up when Martin W's supply ran out. Worth checking. All you then need is to machine a ali plate to the style and bolt pattern of your own steering wheel.

Strange this - I've had two requests for badges this last week (must be Christmas!)...

Anyway, I've checked and I've still got about half a dozen available.

Mail me if interested...:)

I think Fran Kress said he just had some made up like the originals.412-441-4275 or 412-441-5750

FWIW I picked up one of these a while back.... it's enamel on chromed brass, looks very cool!

Attachments

• IMGP6528.JPG
    IMGP6528.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 3,313

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Julian - where did you get it and how much? I need one of those.... rockonsmile

I have that from Fran Kress. But the RCR steering wheel has only 5 mounting holes.

FWIW, the insert can be bought from Fran Kress and apparently will fit a 5 hole hub bought from Summit racing. Mark Reid has the detailed information. I plan on going that route.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Hi

We have a 6 hole aluminium boss with the Ford GT badge available.

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• Steering wheel.jpg
    Steering wheel.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 7,335
I got mine from MDA - looks to be the same as Andy's product and I am happy with the quality of the inset, wheel/boss. Looks like you'll have a good source for these after everyone has chimed in...

Chris

Attachments

• Steering Wheel_01.jpg
    Steering Wheel_01.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 2,334
Hello Cliff,

I do not know if you have already ordered your emblem. If you still need one I can send you one for free. We made them just to test our new plotter. The base is white plastic (Forex) the logo itself is made from cut high quality vinyl and is covered with transparent vinyl.

Reinhard

Attachments

• Emblem.jpg
    Emblem.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2,910

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thank you very much Tom.

If you should need one please let me know.

Reinhard

Hi Reinhard - Very nice indeed... If you should want to make any more, I know I could put at least one of them to very good use in my car!

Back