Door latches

I am in search of door latches for DRB#5. Several members have given good sources for Bear Claws. Some have used them inside and outside of the door. My door panel has a slight recessed area for the mechanism. Was looking for a more polished mechanism such as the one in the pic below. I remember them on my Lotus Esprit I think. I am using the interior latches from an Altima, sourced at the local junk yard for $15 each, that will be located on the front lower portion of the door. Anone have a source for these latches?

Bill

Attachments

• doorskin2 (Small).jpg
    doorskin2 (Small).jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 527
Chuck,
Thanks for the info. Will check with Ian.
I had originally thought of going with the Electromotive setup. Really like the distributorless setup. My engine is so far forward that if I had to use a distributor, it would have to be a low profile unit, and even then, not sure it would fit. But the distributorless solves several issues with one unit. After talking with my engine guy, he has convinced me to go with another setup. Can't remember the name, but I have to talk to him this week as the engine goes over to him to button up and fireup. The problem with the Electromotive is that once you have all the programming parameters in place, you have to be VERY careful in the final sequence(s). One wrong keystroke, and ALL is lost. You have to start all over again. Not very programming friendly. If you are an Electromotive fan, I think there is a distributor near you. talked with him a time or two. He knows where the "friendly" shops are located in your area.
The system he prefers, and it is the one he uses on his 1000H P drag motor, and most of his build projects, is easily setup, and tuned. Will post it when I go over to see him.

Bill

Back