Door handle puzzle - CAV

Martin

Lifetime Supporter
Hi everyone,
I have no manual or picture of the door handle
for my CAV. It is like a puzzle for me, because I dont know if parts are missing or to much.
On the fotos you can see what is in the kit.
I have never seen a mounted CAV door handle inside the the door. Could someone send me a foto of the door handle system inside the door or a drawing.
Every information will be helpfull.

Best regards
Martin
[email protected]

Attachments

• CIMG2718.jpg
    CIMG2718.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 589
  • CIMG2719.jpg
    CIMG2719.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 608
  • CIMG2725.jpg
    CIMG2725.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 615
  • CIMG2727.jpg
    CIMG2727.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 586
Hi Martin, your door mechanism looks similar to GTD (mine), but with a different mount for the handle itself. It looks like you have a complete set of parts, although I don't know what the acorn nut and the additional spring is for. Regards to installation, it looks like you are on the right track, the issue I had was getting the pin from the handle to engage the release on the latch, I ended up enlarging the holes for the screws so that I could "float" the latch around to engage the pin from the handle. I am going to apply additional fiberglass to the area to strengthen it. I don't recognize the little half moon shaped piece, it may be to increase the surface area of the arm where the pin from the hndle strikes the mechanism, on mine there is a similar piece brazed to the latch assemlby. Sorry I have no pics, it has been ages since I have been in the shop

Brian

Martin

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jean,
thank you for your fast reply.
Now I know how it works.

Best regards

Martin

Last edited:
Back