Shoulder Harness Pass Through

My shoulder harnesses will pass through the rear bulkhead and attach to the roll bar in the engine compartment. What are people using to frame the hole and prevent damage to the harness?

Thanks
Bill D

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,
Finish line Cobra used to have dress rings for this purpose. Not sure if they still do, but thought I'd throw it out there....

I used grommets cut into a C shape in each corner and U shaped trim along each length. Not very pretty but on the inside I covered it all with the carpeting.

Ron McCall

Supporter
Bill,
I used the dress rings that Rob mentioned.They worked out great! I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.
How is the build going??
I don't see the " final assembly" tab on your site any longer.

Thanks guys. I bought some machined aluminum trim rings used by the Factory Five Cobra guys. I plan to have them powdercoated black.

Ron
I deleted it because it became too difficult to maintain. I need to focus on the build and not taking/posting pictures. I have one more item to fabricate (a cable shifter cover) and then I can disassemble the chassis for the powdercoater.

Bill, you know you have a fire in the engine compartment when the shoulder belts become loose! Make sure the fit is tight around the belts where they come through the firwall, I had fire tickling the back of my neck as I blasted down the straight at Lime Rock Race track with an engine fire. I wouldn't have belts come through the firewall again thanks! I would find a way to mount them on the inside of the cabin.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
If you have a certified welder attach a threaded boss/nut plate to the bolt cage...I do not see why not.
This would save you having to cut slots in your firewall and be a much neater and simpler solution....also less chance of fumes coming through....IMHO.

Last edited:
Back