Roundel Template for Snorkel/Deck

Hi Guys,

I don't have access to a Mk II so I am throwing this request out there to anyone who can assist me. I am in need of a template/tracing of the base and bottom 1/3 of the snorkel so I can design a roundel that fits into that area. The best way would be to use tracing paper or similar.

I'll trade your efforts for a set of 4 White roundels for a good quality template which will be converted to a digital cutting file for future Mk II owners. If you are a MK II owner who has purchased decals or roundels through me and can supply me with a template I will trade for something else within reason.

Would be very much appreciated!

Chris

Chris, I should be able to handle that for you. How do you suggest tracing the bottom part of the snorkle?It seems as if you would need a 3D model of the snorkle.
round.jpg

Hi Chuck,

Just posted on your Superformance thread so my apologies for the duplicate info/post.

Many thanks - I have made stripe templates before for air-induction hood intakes etc and used tracing paper. The key is to soak the paper with water after you have positioned it in the area and press it flat into the base/bottom third of the snorkel with a paint brush and let it dry so you end up with a mould. Then without removing it, trace the base and upper third of the snorkel with a pencil or pen. Then remove, once it's flattened out you'll have a correct template I can clean-up and make a digital cut file from.

I'll post a pic or two of the area with the snorkel/roundel on for reference to show what I need.

Hope that made sense, I'll make a new roundel from it for you and some other goodies free of charge.

Thanks!

Chris

Last edited:
Hi Chuck,

Yep, that's the ticket! The wrinkles are not a problem as I just need a good trace of the base and upper 3rd of what you have shown. I'll then 'weld' that in my software suite to make a single (strange looking) roundel or make it in 2 pieces where you would apply the snorkel section separately, I'll determine what works best.

Thanks Mark, I'll see if I can dig up some pics also for better reference - let me know how the paint mask works out.

Keep posting your progress Chuck and I'll do my best to assist you.

Thanks

Chris

Back