Super Wide Flared Rear Clip on RF

Hi All,

Have many people opted for the super-wide (Gulf) rear clip? If there is anyone out there with some pics, could you please post for reference.

I'm looking at going down this path, and would like to see the guard / sill panel detail. Also, the general overall look of the car finished. (Don't worry, I've ruled out the blue/orange combo!)

I've seen the back view on the RF website, maybe a couple more shots of that car?

Cheers guys.

Thanks Paul,

What I am hoping to see is the Roaring Forties version. That GTD is a nice looking example.

Troy

I have the Gulf flares on my RF. In NY now and not home until next week to send pictures. Rear view visability is a big problem. I'm using BMW Mini rear view mirrors that help some.

Troy, I installed them on mine.
Have a look here---http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/12146-roaring-forties-81-a-4.html

here are a couple of shots of my RCR with full Gulf flares

paintcomp_004.JPG

paintcomp_006.JPG

Excellent, thanks guys.

I was initially unsure of the need to go out an extra 2" either side at the back, but I now think it will go down quite nicely!

Having to use 18" dia rims to get over the big front brakes, I now hope to be able to locate tyres to do the whole thing justice.

Troy, have a look at the Advan/Yokahama A048. I have 18 x 315 on the back and 18 x 235 on the front of my RF MKII. Very good tyre but not cheep.

We had AO48's on a Lotus Exige. Very good on the track - almost like slicks and excellent on the road when it was dry. However, in the wet not so good, particularly on standing water when they would readily aquaplane, but all in all a very good tyre for a fast car.

I would fit them to my GT40 if they did the right size for 17" wheels, but they don't - hopefully our GT40 will be doing a lot of track work when sorted.

Chris

Thanks for the tips on the tyres.

For the tyres, our local motorsport tyre dealer can supply the Kumho Ecsta V70A. They do a cracking 335/30R/18 R Compound for the back. I have run this tyre (245/40R17) previously with success.

Very sticky once up to temp.

Check them out. In most pics, they only show the narrower section, but these big buggers have an extra row of blocks either side of the centre rib.

Back