Front brake ducting

Hi all, i'd like some pics of the front brake cooling ducting. If anyone has installed Bill H's ducting in an RCR then this would be perfect, but any pics of original style ducting (Mk I) would be great.

Many thanks,
Simon

Last edited:

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Hope this helps

Attachments

• front ducting.jpg
    front ducting.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 535
  • Picture 237.jpg
    Picture 237.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 554

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Simon

This is how I did it on the DAX

But I was trying to cool me and not the brakes so after the fans it goes into the cockpit

Ian

Attachments

• DSCF1583.jpg
    DSCF1583.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 495
  • DSCF1585.jpg
    DSCF1585.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCF1586.jpg
    DSCF1586.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 440
  • DSCF1587.jpg
    DSCF1587.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 401
  • DSCF1588.jpg
    DSCF1588.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 449
Simon

could you send me a pic of the parts you have, and i try to help you

I´m sure you checked how i did it on my built thread.

TOM

Thanks Tom, but these are the front brake cooling ducts that were supplied by Bill Hough. I know you didn't get a set of these and are going your own route.

I can see how they should fit, but the liner needs to be cut back and i wanted to see a pic of this before doing so.

Keith

From an original...and looks to be a very simple solution. :)

Attachments

• gt40-19.jpeg
    gt40-19.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 642
Thanks Keith, that's the route i'm going down and will get those parts from Cushman.
Do you have a pic of the ducting in the front clip ?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Bill D - Did do a fine job on the ducting. I think he could complete the rotor duct to carry the air to both sides of the rotor - but that's not a big deal unless you're in competition..

I've referred to his website many times...

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Guys,

I believe the MK1's (solid, non vented rotors) used a duct that wrapped around both sides of the rotor but, the MK11's and cars with vented rotors used a duct that brought air to the center inside of the rotor and let the air escape through the slot periphery (see Keith's pic above).

Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I'd like to know if Cushman (or anyone) has the MK11 version that adapts to the hubs (like Keith's pic above) and if they will adapt to the Superformance hubs.

Steve

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Simon,
Will these do ?

Attachments

• Brake Cooling.jpg
    Brake Cooling.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 497
  • Brake Ducts.jpg
    Brake Ducts.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 428

Keith

Thanks Keith, that's the route i'm going down and will get those parts from Cushman.
Do you have a pic of the ducting in the front clip ?

Well I'm no expert mate, but surely it picks up air from inside the fender well and does not attach to the clip.

Pls correct if erroneous guys...

PS Is you handle supposed to be "Wombat" as opposed to "Womabt"? I have a habit of saying words in my head and I always stutter when I come to yours!!! :laugh:

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Well I'm no expert mate, but surely it picks up air from inside the fender well and does not attach to the clip.

Keith,
Air is forced through the angled openings in the side of the front frame shown from the vents in the clip. These openings have foam rubber on the outside faces which act as seals when the clip is closed down.

Simon

This is the best pic i have, of what you are looking for. It is # 1021. in the very rear left end you can see where it attaches to the front frame mounted hose adapters.
PICT2103.jpg

This how i made it
PICT3009.jpg

Basically a closed channel within the front wheel housing, with an opening towards the front frame ( the inner liner of RCR is as original, so can use a similar hose adaptor)

TOM

Keith, there are ducts that channel air from the front of the clip to the liner, once the clip is in place a soft coupling is made with the ducting in James's pic.

As for my handle, yes, 'sposed to be Wombat but a moment of haste during registration has left me with this jarring mis-spell.

Edit: James beat me to it.

Attachments

• clip.jpg
    clip.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 407
Back