Kitcar bodywork TV show on Speed Channel

RE: Kit - An Autobody Experience

I just happened across this show on the Speed Channel, and figured that it might help some of you guys. Basically a start to finish on a Cobra and a Boxster donored Carrera GT.

Some good tips and tricks on clip mounting, gap alignments, filling, sanding, panel mounting and reinforcement, simple fender flaring, painting, etc. Not everything is done "According to Hoyle" in my book, but some interesting stuff nonetheless. Enjoy!

SEARCH - NASCAR News, F1 News, and Racing News on SPEED - SPEEDtv.com

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I missed the show but understand that they did a hack job on the donor car to make it fit the bodywork of the Carerra... One of the producers of the show/series approached me last fall about potentially doing a GT40. I gave him Fran's contact info.. Don't know if anything came of it..

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I've seen a couple of episodes now and I agree there are a few clever tips to be had from watching the show. The biggest eye-opener, however, was just how scary sloppy some of the build work out there is. I would NOT wish to be in that "GT" at any speed above inner-city driving.

I almost cringe at what they would do on a GT40. If I was Fran, I'd have taken a pass once I'd seen the build work close-up.

Mark

Hopefully, all of the "hack jobs" on that Boxer/Carrera were done for expediency, in the effort to cram an entire build into a short episode(s). As complex as a build is, it'd be tough getting all of the detail/finish work included in one hour.

Brian Anderson at B&B Roadsters is the next build. I think it is a 32 roadster. He does pretty good work. It will be interesting what the edited version of his build looks like.

Back