CAV Side Windows

Pat

Supporter
Does anyone have a source stateside for CAV side windows? Before I launch into cutting a virgin slab of Lexan up, I though I'd check and see if anybody had a source.

By the way a lesson from the school of hard knocks. Don't recharge the Air Con with the vent blowing on the inside of the window brining it to about 40o and then take the car on a spirited ride in 97oF Florida sunshine. Result is craaack...

Thanks as always for any leads.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Veek,

I have inventory, did you need both sides (ouch)? The CAV GT side windows are brand specific so I wouldn't recommend alternate suppliers unless you're buying an oversize part and trim to fit. We supply OEM CAV and oversize moldings for all brands.

Cheers

Last edited:

Pat

Supporter
Hi Ian,
At the moment I'm working on developing options.
I just need the driver side. What would be the price on that?
I've got a line on a local fabricator who works with MR10 Lexan but he's not able to get to it for a week or so.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Lost track of the thread, sorry. Do you need the pop open vent too? I have original and thicker gauge windows as well. I'll pm on the price.

Cheers

Pat

Supporter
Thanks Ian,
Given the removal of our forum, it probably makes sense for all CAV owners to include "CAV" on the title line so we can search entries for our cars.
I just have a crack in the corner of the window and the toll window is fine so I don't need that (assuming they are the same size). What I need is the window with the toll window cut out and the gasket material.
As I mentioned I have a local shop that can laser cut it but it will be several weeks before they can get to it. So that is one available option.

Veek,

Putting "CAV" in the title is a great idea. I wasn't a member when CAV was on the Forum. I did ask Jordie about it a couple of weeks ago and his thoughts were that his time was better spent making sure his customers were being taken care of than getting involved in monitoring/responding to issues on the website.
Not saying it is good or bad, just providing his comments in response to my question.

Just adding "CAV" seems to be a good idea for posters starting threads.

Thanks also for the A/C tip.

Back