Leather dashboard pics please

I have an upholsterer pal who's going to cover my dash in leather for me, does anyone have any close up pictures of the stitching areas so he knows how they're put together?
Much appreciated
Thanks

Simon

Simon,
Here is my dash for you guys to look over. I will tell you it will be difficult. Leather doesn't react the same as other fabric choices when it comes to streching/shrinking, or getting it to go into unusual places.My guy(Jeff Henderson) does all the interiors for Year One when they have a show car that they are building. Located in Braselton Ga.(Road Atlanta) they turn out the best looking resto cars around. When he isn't doing resto cars, Jeff normally does boat interiors. Owns a little shop in Sugar Hill. The first time I met him he had just done an insulated convertible top on a 60 Chevy.
The hardest parts on this dash are the points on the end of the dash(assuming yours is shaped like mine), and where the dash goes in from there and makes a dip just before the first gauge mount. Mine is triple stitched. I had an 85 Lotus with the tan interior. Lots of leather. So that is what I wanted this time to go along with the copper stripe on my car. Here are some of the angles of mine for you to look at. Be sure you have good skins and get them to match as close as possible. The layout takes more than you might imagine. If you might want to get in touch with him to get the particulars, I can get you an email address. He might be able to tell you some things that would be helpful.

Bill

P1010054.jpg

P2020054.jpg

P2020056.jpg

P2020065.jpg

Simon,

Some pics of my dashboard. Hope this will help.

Attachments

• IMG_8376aa.jpg
    IMG_8376aa.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_8381aa.jpg
    IMG_8381aa.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 614
  • IMG_8382aa.jpg
    IMG_8382aa.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_8383aa.jpg
    IMG_8383aa.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_9266aaa.jpg
    IMG_9266aaa.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 652

Charlie M

Supporter
Beautiful dash Bill. I want to do something similar with mine. What does a job like that cost?

Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie,
I am not sure of the cost as it is on an ongoing process. I gave him $1k to start, and I gave him another 1K at Christmas time. So I am not sure of the actual cost of the dash. Our lives have been intertwined for the last year or so, and we communicate to each other what our needs and timing are. Jeff was to do the dash, headliner, door panels, carpet and rear bulkhead area. He might do The tops of the doors as well if he has enough material left over. I gave him license to do those how he thought best, given the start out from me. I located the speakers for the doors and then turned him loose. Here is his solution. I could not believe the detail he put on it.

Bill

P2030068.jpg

P2030069.jpg

Back