gt 40 body

hello mi name's sebastian from mar del plata,Argentina, and one of the cars that I like most everyone is the GT-40 but did not have enough money to buy one, so I am looking if I can help get information on how to build the body, I wonder if I can get plans, AutoCAD files and all measures which serve to build my body, I look for mk1 if someone has a MKIV but I would also see that there is much information on this model.

sorry but my English is half bad

many thank you very much

Side%20View.jpg

SectionF.jpg

SectionD.jpg

SectionC.jpg

SectionB.jpghi, does this help ..

SectionA.jpg

GT%2040%20Frame0301.jpg

this is all i can find on a body

i hope it helps

im no expert on body design....but i think if you got a windscreen that would be a good starting point

mick, thanks for the pictures, I see many are watching and no one helps, I'll start to draw on when they gather solidwork more info on the body of the GT40, I'm going to put specific questions on the measures

Hi Sebastion.

I have a MK I body, with MK 2 rear clip...I will be happy to help with dimensions. Im sure many other people will help....

There is a guy in the Can AM / Porsche section who is building his own body. He is making the shape with a mesh, then he is covering it in with tape, to get his shape

I cant find his build log, (but it is there somewhere) but if you look through all the threads you will find it....or you could ask in that section. Im sure someone will tell you what his name is

I look forward to seeing your drawings..

good luck

mick

Hi Seb, Don't know much about your world down there. What's the price of gas? Are there open roads suitable for a GT? Send us some pics and tell us more about your interesting Argentina. Ranger Jim

Ranger Jim, some of the posts your replying to are a few years old & the original posters might not still be regular watchers etc, just a FYI in case you think some folk are ignoring you, once your logged in you can check the posters stats to 'see' when they were last around..sebastiangt for example has not logged in since 27th may 2012:)

Back