Wheel alignment

Hi Guys,

I've finished setting the castor / camber and toe in for the suspension. \i also now have a front ride height of 4.5 inches and a rear of 5 inches. However, if you look at the piccies below, I would like your opinion as to whether the wheels look OK to the body.

The fronts look OK to me, but the rears look like they could come forward. As I'm inexperienced with this stuff, I'd really appreciate your opinion. The trouble is, I bought this car second hand, so I don't know (for sure) if the guy before me messed up the body alignment. I've spent some time on it, and the front now sits great with the spider, and the rear is close to being "right". Only another 400 hours to make it perfect :)

I have no ego in this - If it's wrong, then I need to get it right.

Also (if you can tell from the pictures), do the wheels "sit" right?

Thanks for all your help.

Graham.

Attachments

• DSC01178.JPG
    DSC01178.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC01179.JPG
    DSC01179.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC01180.JPG
    DSC01180.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC01181.JPG
    DSC01181.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC01182.JPG
    DSC01182.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Graham

if you basically followed my reco in terms of susspension setup this is probably right.
However it looks like you whole body panel setup needs to be moved towards the rear.
A good reference point is the front low very inboard edge ( inside the wheel well) of the rocker panel ( sill). on the left hand side it should be positioned that it almost touches the chassis front wall. On the right hand side it could very well be that you have to take out a small notch at this very inboard corner and move the rocker panel backwards as much as possible. Than align the front clip in a way that the wheel wells are matching the lines with the rocker panel. Set the front height of the front clip ( bobbins ) in a way that you have a parallel gap between the rocker panel and the lower edge ot the front clip where they meet.
Than let your spider follow.
At last align you rear clip according to the spider position. It looks that your rear clip sits to low in the back ( the gap between rearclip lower edge and rocker panel is not parallel on your car and you have a bigger gap on the roof line where the rear clip meets the spider.

If you follow this every thing should align better and should be ok

TOM

Thanks for your help Tom,

I have followed your instructions and the body is now nearly (roughly) dialled in.

Cheers,

Graham

Back