Height of rear clip

Its all questions questios questions with me at the moment :)

Can someone out there send me a measurement of the height of their rear clip, from the ground to the top of the spoiler at the rear. I have a dead 40" body height overall with a 5" ride height at the rear.
The body seems pretty well dialled in now, but I just want this final measurement to make sure I'm as close to 100% as I can be.

Thanks all for your help.

Graham.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I would have thought that uniform shut lines with the centre section would have been a requisite as well. If the centre section is already fixed, the rear body /clip
is dictated by it. The heights you have seem to be about right.

Hi David,

I have uniform shut lies to the spider, but I just wanted a quick "sense check". The body looks to sit fine, I just wanted a second opinion, and that measurement will help.

Cheers,

Graham.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Graham -
I'd love to be able to help but my car is on a 3' tall assembly platform right now.
The key part in getting the rear clip at the right height is to get the feet (bottom) of the rear clip to set down evenly on the rear sills... With the alignment pins in place, this will leave a 1/8" gap between the feet of the rear clip and the sills.

You can see the gap I am talking about right in front of the rear tire in this picture below;

IMG_1650.jpg

The rear clip needs to be trimmed to mate with the back of the spider properly. The cut that the clip comes with from RCR is a "rough" cut with extra material on it..

Chuck

Supporter
With the rear chassis setting 5" off the ground, the center point of the rear spoiler is 31 3/8" off the ground on our GT.

Those dimensions are not etched in stone. As one trims and fits the body panels there may well be some variation from one RCR GT to another, I am sure.

More details on my build blog.

Chuck

Back