New 40 bodies?

Has anyone seen B&B hot rods new GT-40 bodies, or GT45 as they call them on their site? I emailed them and they said they were selling the whole body for $4500.00 usd This seems to good to be true. I wonder if they are molded off of original panels or are they some freaky abomination like the fiberfab avenger?

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I almost looked at the site until I saw all the responses. I looked at it last year sometime and thought that maybe they had produced a new one. From the comments, that I would second, it sounds like the same oddball one. Even Fiberfab didn't pretend that there car was a "GT40 replica". I think the Fiberfab car is fugly too, but would take one over the B&B car...anytime.

Hi, all... True here... i bought the body and chassis from B&B... it's been several weeks and still haven't gotten them... i have been in contact with Brian, the owner, who told me he took the molds from a car bought in England... then did some mods... raised the roof for more head room and eliminated the NACA scoops... he did all this for the guy financing the project... i have since told him if he wants to sell any more at least put the scoops back in the mold... i will post here on the site when i get the body etc and hope to have a build blog... i am in the mean time looking for all the bits and pieces to build... door handles... windshield wiper motor etc... just for a little back story.. the money man said to sell everything off (which i should get) and so am not sure he will produce any more... if i like what i get i may end up as a distributer... we will see... the chassis looks pretty good... more when i actually get my hands on it.

Not that I would want one, but I can see what they were trying to do. IMO where they have gone seriously wrong is that they have raised the roof and waistline to create a GT45 but then left the tail end at the original height creating an excessive slope away at the rear. If the whole body were brought up in proportion it wouldn't look so bad, and there must be a market for oversized gts as there are lots of people over 6 foot who would want one but generally cannot get into a "standard" model.

Back