Original white / blue paint scheme

Does anyone know if there is a publication that has good clear photos of the original paint scheme on the first series Gt40's? White body, blue hood, stripe down the roof.

Road & Track had an issue in 1964 that the entire issue was Ford/Shelby related articles and photos.( '64 GT 40 on the cover). Also IMC model company, and Revelle model company had box art that was correct as they were privalaged to use actual blue prints from ford to produce the model kits. The kits can still be found on E-Bay. Rich R.

Like this?

Attachments

• 1964_ford_gt40_mark_i.jpg
    1964_ford_gt40_mark_i.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 483
Chris Martino, yes that is the car I am thinking of. Does anyone have additional shots from different perspectives? Also, the particular color blue and the width of the roof stripes?

The roof & sill stripes on GT102 were Black (roof stripes 0.5 inch x 3.0 inch) but the nose was painted matte Blue. Wimbledon White could be the main color, the Blue not sure.

Ford Mustang colors for 1964 would be my guess.

This is a good link-

1964-1973 Mustang Colors

Chris

I'd also be interested in a definitive answer, as the early GT40 in white with blue stripes is what got me hooked on GT40s. My guess would be Wimbledon White with Guardsman Blue stripes.

So, the roof stripe was black, I never knew that. Gloss or matte?

I am kind of surprised there are no detailed images and narratives about these early cars. They were very distinctive.

Back