The Manufacturer with the MOST interior Space

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering for a potential build who is the manufacturer with the most interior space. In terms of seats and width? I know it must seem odd

This is my first post. I am looking to build the ultimate supercar of all time, the GT40. I will drive this car everyday. My other car is a Ford Pre-runner F150 ! :thumbsup:

Appreciate any help guys.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Kal...

I can sit in mine and stretch my legs all the way out and not touch the front of the foot box on the passenger side. Legs bent somewhat on the passenger side. Still have head room. I'm 6'3+ and have a 34" inseam along with size 13/14 (depending on mfgr) shoe.

No Gurney bubble required.

Excellent. That's loads of space when comparing to today's factory cars. I know leg room is adequate. Width is my main concern. Seems okay to me.

Are all manufactures virtually identical in space? RCR, CAV and Superformance are my three main choices.

Also from what I understand, Superformance uses steel bodies whereas RCR and CAV use Resin/Fiberglass?

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Also from what I understand, Superformance uses steel bodies whereas RCR and CAV use Resin/Fiberglass?

Superformance body is fiberglass as I believe are the others.

There are some differences in the material of the chassis: Superformance is galvanized steel, RCR aluminum (I believe), CAV stainless steel (I believe).

However, probably best to look first on the mfr's sites to get official information.

At the end of the day, they are replicas of a 1960s car. SOme may be able to find the xtra couple of inches here and there, but generally they are not 'wide' cars on the inside, especially if you are comparing to modern cars.

Also take a look at SouthernGT and Tornado. I wouldn't discount them. I know SGT have done a lot of work totryand increase interior space as wmuch as possible (there is also a carbon rear clip option. You need to speak to Mick

Tornado has a steel and carbon monocoque, don't know about the bodies. You need to speak to Andy.

Every single manufacturer is good, otherwise they would not continue to operate. It will be down to your personal preference. You may need to go a a world trip from Kuwait to visit them, as that is the best way to see for yourself.

Alan, thanks so much for the info and believe me, those three websites I visit daily !

Brett thanks, I will check those out now. I love CAV GT and RCR, Superformance I hold in high regard due to the fact that they offer continuation VINs and have the approval of the original GT40 trademark holders Safir LLC. Does this mean they are the best? Not necessarily, but it does mean they are the most authentic.

Yes, I do understand what you are saying about the interior space. I do not mean to sound trivial. I want this car for all the right reasons. Because to me it is the ultimate representation of what a car is and what it actually needs to be.

Thanks alot for the input, really do appreciate it.

Kal

When I was still dreaming, I started these threads to which a lot of people responded:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/superformance-gt40s/29098-spf-v-cav.html

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/rcr-forum-rcr40-slc-p4-mkiv/31688-rcr-vs-cav.html

I don't know how many times I read through them, enjoying them every time. After every reading, I had made up my mind that I wanted a CAV. Then I took a ride in an SPF and changed my mind. I've wanted a GT40 since I was 14. The SPF is the closest copy by far. Simply put, it's truly a race car.

John,

Thanks SO much for the input! I've literally been on there for a few hours on and off gong through everything checking out linked websites etc.

This has really opened my eyes.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Kal, You'll get a ton of opinions but the only one that matters is yours. All of us love the one we purchased for whatever the reason (I bought a CAV for its stainless steel chassis and what some say is the best interior) but that's my opinion only. As Brett said so well they are all good cars or they wouldn't stay in business. In the end whats going to make the car "yours" is what you put behind you in the way of engine and tranny, the color you chose, etc. Have fun and enjoy. Keep in mind though it is a 60's car. It ain't no Ford GT which is a different breed altogether. Keep us posted.

Jimmy,

I completely agree. Your points are absolutely valid and applicable here. Do you have any pictures of your CAV?

Also, I've driven the Ford GT, this is not what I want. I am looking for a more purist experience.

Thanks and yes I will DEFINITELY keep you posted.

Kal, Here ya go.

Attachments

• Insurance Pictures 006.jpg
    Insurance Pictures 006.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 318
  • Insurance Pictures 008.jpg
    Insurance Pictures 008.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 300
  • Insurance Pictures 014.jpg
    Insurance Pictures 014.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 309
  • Insurance Pictures 026.jpg